• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

Yea i'm sure it will be because of licences and other stuff like that, They could have had a whole movie themed land based around the movie, I noticed yesterday there are loads of Lego Movie sets for sale, so plenty for a area re-theme.

djtruefitt said:
Yea i'm sure it will be because of licences and other stuff like that, They could have had a whole movie themed land based around the movie, I noticed yesterday there are loads of Lego Movie sets for sale, so plenty for a area re-theme.

The film is based on Classic Lego sets anyway so effectively they already have areas based on the film like Lego City, Castle and others

It was all over their twitter today with sealife manchester posting the characters in different areas of miniland.

They'll use it quite considerably, I imagine.

Islander said:
What was that people were saying about The Lego Movie being ignored by Merlin, and there being rights issues with Warner Bros? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=681X6fIpfPI#ws

Looks awesome - hope something similar comes to Windsor in time (could quite happily see it replace Star Wars...)

images

I can remember when Shell provided all the fuel needs of Lego Town. Then Octan came along with it's swish green red and white colours and crushed all opposition. Damn these multinational corporations!

SPOILER ALERT FOR THE LEGO MOVIE

One thought on why Legoland California got the models, they would of had to build the models for real to film the live scenes with Will Ferrell. Therefore if the models were built anyway for the movie set, why not move them to the theme park.

It's unfortunate they chose not to acknowledge the controversy surrounding the leader of that organisation. Ordinarily I hate this neo-fascist bandwagonism over 'Muslim days' but the questions raised over the type of people they're willing to hire the park out to are valid ones.

Tom said:
It's unfortunate they chose not to acknowledge the controversy surrounding the leader of that organisation. Ordinarily I hate this neo-fascist bandwagonism over 'Muslim days' but the questions raised over the type of people they're willing to hire the park out to are valid ones.

Yes the beliefs of that group aren't right but that isn't a reason to cancel the private hire of a venue. John Lewis hire Alton Towers for their staff in March too and I see this as exactly the same, a private event.

I don't agree. Who you are willing to hire your park out to says a lot about your own morals. I don't feel it should be illegal either way, it's just a case of judgement.

Don't parks hire out to anyone willing to stump up the cash?

If the EDL wanted to do it, then I'm sure the parks wouldn't say no, but would no doubt get a similar amount of response to a so called 'Muslim Day'...

At the end of the day whether it comes down to morals or not - if the cash is flashed they will let the park be hired out to anyone. This is a Merlin run park we're talking about!

I'm pleased this event didnt go ahead - mainly because it was being organised by someone linked with terrorist activities and anyone who says "bin laden" will go to paradise must be a nut case to start with. But no doubt he is living here in the UK with his 7 wives, 40 children and they are all probably claiming benefits.

I'm also glad the Alton Towers one didnt go ahead either. I believe these events according to Muslim faith would see men and women segregated into different areas, not being allowed on the same rides at the same time etc. which I totally disagree with, whatever the religion.

GaryH said:
I'm pleased this event didnt go ahead - mainly because it was being organised by someone linked with terrorist activities and anyone who says "bin laden" will go to paradise must be a nut case to start with. But no doubt he is living here in the UK with his 7 wives, 40 children and they are all probably claiming benefits.

I'm also glad the Alton Towers one didnt go ahead either. I believe these events according to Muslim faith would see men and women segregated into different areas, not being allowed on the same rides at the same time etc. which I totally disagree with, whatever the religion.

But this is a private event that was open only to those invited, you wouldn't of been able to attend and see any of the practices of segregation. Also are you against Mosques where men and women are segregated in private?

If they were trying to do any of that on a normal day in the season then it is very different. But for a private hire event it is no different to me iring a bar for my friends for a party and only letting in who I want to come to my party.