• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

Legoland Windsor has been voted Europe's best leading theme park resort, beating Europa Park, Portaventura and Efteling.

https://blooloop.com/news/world-travel-awards-europe-winners/

4J9A4CG.jpg

The picture on the top of that article looks suspiciously like Florida's Dragon ;)

That is absolutely insane, maybe Legoland ought to use their money on the park instead of bribing people for awards!

I'm back from a day at Legoland today and all that I can say, is that we had a great day. Our first visit in a good few years.

Love the way that we got let into the park at 9.30 and held in mini land with onstage entertainment counting down to the opening of the ride areas at 10am (Please take note Alton, Thorpe and Chessie)

I first tried out the Haunted House Monster Party

Not as good as Hex or Dayton's Haunting)

I also tried out the Ninjago ride for the first time, very cool ride. Your arms ache after a while, like most shooting games, best to sit back and enjoy the ride, you miss so much when trying to shoot the targets.

The Viking river splash rapid ride was more all spin and no splash. Not like it used to be

With the exception of the Pirate Falls (more like Pirate Fails) which was closed all day (apparently broken and in need of a new part :rolleyes:) all the other rides did open despite some of the main rides (Atlantis submarine voyage, Story Book Ride, Dragon coaster) which open later.

The queues were mostly walk on or if there was a queue, I waited no more than 10 minutes despite the advertising time was displaying a lot longer waiting time. Put through was good too.

I really can't complain, it was overall a good day and closing times was at 5pm so got on a good few rides as well as viewing the Lego models.

Legoland Windsor has been voted Europe's best leading theme park resort, beating Europa Park, Portaventura and Efteling.
Let's see how that stacks up with reality...

Legoland - 3.5 stars
Legoland_TripAdvisor.jpg

Distribution:
  • Excellent = 25%
  • Very good = 27%
  • Average = 20%
  • Poor = 13%
  • Terrible = 15%
PortAventura - 4 stars

PortAventura_TripAdvisor.jpg

Distribution:
  • Excellent = 51%
  • Very good = 28%
  • Average = 11%
  • Poor = 4%
  • Terrible = 6%
Efteling - 4.5 stars
Efteling_TripAdvisor.jpg

Breakdown:
  • Excellent = 68%
  • Very good = 24%
  • Average = 5%
  • Poor = 2%
  • Terrible = 1%
Europa-Park - 5 stars
EuropaPark_TripAdvisor.jpg

Breakdown:
  • Excellent = 82%
  • Very good = 14%
  • Average = 2%
  • Poor = 1%
  • Terrible = 1%
So yeah, it's obvious that whoever created that report lacks any credibility. I can't see anybody in the industry actually taking that seriously, although it will allow Merlin to keep their heads in their alternative reality and to create nice soundbites for their press releases.

Just...How the SMEG can LegoBland be voted Europe's best theme park resort? I'll admit that my visit last month wasn't too bad (especially compared to the diabolicalness that was Thorpe the day before), but best in Europe? Seriously, don't make me laugh!

I'm back from a day at Legoland today and all that I can say, is that we had a great day. Our first visit in a good few years.

Love the way that we got let into the park at 9.30 and held in mini land with onstage entertainment counting down to the opening of the ride areas at 10am (Please take note Alton, Thorpe and Chessie)

I first tried out the Haunted House Monster Party

Not as good as Hex or Dayton's Haunting)

I also tried out the Ninjago ride for the first time, very cool ride. Your arms ache after a while, like most shooting games, best to sit back and enjoy the ride, you miss so much when trying to shoot the targets.

The Viking river splash rapid ride was more all spin and no splash. Not like it used to be

With the exception of the Pirate Falls (more like Pirate Fails) which was closed all day (apparently broken and in need of a new part :rolleyes:) all the other rides did open despite some of the main rides (Atlantis submarine voyage, Story Book Ride, Dragon coaster) which open later.

The queues were mostly walk on or if there was a queue, I waited no more than 10 minutes despite the advertising time was displaying a lot longer waiting time. Put through was good too.

I really can't complain, it was overall a good day and closing times was at 5pm so got on a good few rides as well as viewing the Lego models.

But it was a wet day in term time.

Log flume wasn’t open when I went in March.

They better get their s*** together before Brick or Treat as it’s our first time in the hotel at half term. And some decent sausages for breakfast would be good.

But it was a wet day in term time.

With the exception of a few minutes worth of light rain in the morning, in terms of weather, yesterday was a nice dry day.

As for term time, I never visit a park (or any other attraction) during weekends (except for events like scarefest and fireworks) but will still go out during school holidays, but will choose our dates wisely avoiding certain places

Log flume wasn’t open when I went in March.

Something to do with a drive band keeps snapping last year and again this year

“As for term time, I never visit a park (or any other attraction) during weekends (except for events like scarefest and fireworks) but will still go out during school holidays, but will choose our dates wisely avoiding certain places”

The problem is there target audience is school children who don’t have the privilege of visiting on a school day , this park should be able to cope on weekends and school holidays but in our experience they can’t!!