• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

I still think there is a lot that needs to be done to the park. To increase ride capacity before adding yet more accommodation. Same at Chessington really.

Did anyone watch One Night In Legoland on C4 the Friday just gone? If so, is it any good? I tried to watch in on catch-up yesterday but had technical issues. Might try again today.

Surely Laser Raiders' queue needs it more?

Assuming it's still the depressing tent and affected by the train?

Laser Raider's queue feels like it has been produced by Disney in comparison. Themed set pieces, no pixelated vinyl walls, and a naturally progressive flow to the layout (other than the train/tent section). Sky Lion's queue is just an endless cattle pen in a single room with a tin shed roof, pixelated vinyl walls with no theming other than tiny retail LEGO sets in glass cases, of which there is only a handful. It's a repulsive tumour against the whole package for what is otherwise a solid ride.

I still think there is a lot that needs to be done to the park. To increase ride capacity before adding yet more accommodation. Same at Chessington really.

Caught a bit of it but its much like the other ones so far. A few funny moments and a whole lot of nothing.

Jon RIchardson's wife was scared to ride some of the attractions though.

I know this is going to sound slightly random, but I have a question to those who’ve ridden Sky Lion this year in terms of their thoughts on the ride, if you don’t mind me asking.
Is it only me who felt that the ride could have used a bit of feedback to what was happening on screen through the use of physical effects? For instance, I’m talking about things like it squirting you with water when you travel through water on the film, or blasting some hot air at you when you travel through the hotter environment. Personally, I did feel like some of this would improve the ride, and my parents both agreed with me; it was one of the first things they said to me when we got off. We all expressed feelings that there were points where we were expecting a water squirt or whatever and it didn’t come.

Don’t get me wrong, I thought Sky Lion was a great dark ride (one of my favourites in the UK) that’s really fun to ride, and I overall thought they did a great job with it! That is literally the most picky of flaws I could find in it, but it was something I did personally notice.
Does anyone else think this? Or am I literally the most petty reviewer ever?

Sky Lion does have water spray for exactly those moments you describe, but it’s been off a lot lately, so guess there are some kinda technical problems with it :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Lion does have water spray for exactly those moments you describe, but it’s been off a lot lately, so guess there are some kinda technical problems with it :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting... I never actually knew this (it was certainly off in July), and that would make a lot of sense given what's in the ride film!

Cheers @Islander; if that's on next time I visit Legoland, then it'll certainly bump Sky Lion up a notch for me!

450 lodges to come at Legoland?

Good God the money.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

450 lodges to come at Legoland?

Good God the money.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Did I not read somewhere it had been condensed down to 150? Or maybe that was just Phase 1.

Am I right in thinking these are going to be built on a car park? If so what are they going to use for car parking because I'm pretty sure they're nearly constantly full at Legoland.

Am I right in thinking these are going to be built on a car park? If so what are they going to use for car parking because I'm pretty sure they're nearly constantly full at Legoland.
Don't believe so, they're due to be built on fields behind the car parks, which admittedly in the past (we're talking 10+ years past) have been used for parking, but aren't now.

Don't believe so, they're due to be built on fields behind the car parks, which admittedly in the past (we're talking 10+ years past) have been used for parking, but aren't now.
I hope they plan on some facilities for these lodges and they don’t do a towers and build a tiny restaurant which isn’t big enough for the lodges. Luckily for towers the guests can use the other hotels across the resort, but with Legoland l I’m assuming you won’t be able to use the hotel facilities as they will be built at the opposite end of the resort.

I hope they plan on some facilities for these lodges and they don’t do a towers and build a tiny restaurant which isn’t big enough for the lodges. Luckily for towers the guests can use the other hotels across the resort, but with Legoland l I’m assuming you won’t be able to use the hotel facilities as they will be built at the opposite end of the resort.
Legoland always seem to give the impression they know what they're doing so I'd have thought it'd be well thought out. And like you say it needs to be able to stand by itself due to its location. It's not like you can just pop to the others like at Towers.

I would imagine most if not all outdoor Merlin attractions will follow suit to be honest.
I guess currently that would be
Gweek Sealife (confirmed closed)
Weymouth Sealife (closed after post)
Warwick Castle (closed after post)
Chessington (closed after post)
Possibly Alton Towers
Edit: Post updated 16:34

Last edited:
Mr Pedantic here.
No red weather warning for the area...not within a hundred miles.
Strictly orange m'lord.
Edit...ok, so it is red now.
As you were.

Last edited:
WARNING: Some viewers may find the following images distressing.

We are getting reports of tragic losses of Lego life as buildings have been toppled and shredded in Miniland. It is currently unknown how many injuries or indeed, fatalities have been sustained at present. We now go live to Miniland to examine the crippling extent of the damage:

274180985_10160213807679187_883633392422234872_n.jpg
274114437_10160213807709187_5760201372230027399_n.jpg
273847718_10160213807649187_4430337264233575840_n.jpg

WARNING: Some viewers may find the following images distressing.

We are getting reports of tragic losses of Lego life as buildings have been toppled and shredded in Miniland. It is currently unknown how many injuries or indeed, fatalities have been sustained at present. We now go live to Miniland to examine the crippling extent of the damage:

274180985_10160213807679187_883633392422234872_n.jpg
274114437_10160213807709187_5760201372230027399_n.jpg
273847718_10160213807649187_4430337264233575840_n.jpg

its a good job they used Craggle on them