• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

London 2012 paralympics

Eddie said:
Regards to it being demolished for another footie stadium, I believe that is what Tottenham Hotspur want to do, but I think a few other clubs (Such as West Ham) want to keep the stadium how it is.
Correct but it's all very confusing at the moment as things keep changing. As It stand I believe West Ham are going to lease it from... whoever technically owns it at the moment. For how long I'm not sure.

I'm actual not that bothered if the stands do come down, as that was always part of the stadiums design. But I think that at the very least the permanent track and field section should stay as it seems such a waste to design a building that can be down scaled if they plan on removing the whole thing.

I can comfirm that the ighting fixtures, including the pixles, are hired, and are probably half way de-rigged by now.

On the subject of tonight's fiasco, if I had wanted to see a two hour Coldplay gig.... I'd have killed myself.

London 2012 paralympics

Loved the closing ceremony last night, a fitting way to end off a great summer of sports.

I wasn't impressed with Coldplay pretty much performing through half of it. Couldn't they find a handful of more artists? I found it, much like others, it starting to become a Coldplay concert.

I also found the C4 adverts VERY annoying. Some dodgy camera work too, which shocked me quite a bit as C4 is quite experienced at handling live TV shows. I suppose the Paralympics is on quite a massive scale compared with what C4 has worked with before.

Otherwise I enjoyed the closing ceremony, it was enjoyable to watch and I loved the fireworks at the end. Hard to believe London 2012 has now come to an end.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

London 2012 paralympics

I hope the Olympic Stadium stays as it is as well. It's a beautiful piece of architecture and I know of all the hard work and engineering feats put into constructing it.

It would only be right if they leave the stadium as it is. I don't mind what it gets used as, as long as it stays unharmed I'll be happy.

Plus this has been classed as the 'best Olympic and Paralympic events in history' - London could follow the footsteps of many other Olympic host cities and use the stadium as a tourist attraction (with tours and the like).

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Re: London 2012 paralympics

James said:
Some dodgy camera work too, which shocked me quite a bit as C4 is quite experienced at handling live TV shows. I suppose the Paralympics is on quite a massive scale compared with what C4 has worked with before.
With the exception of studio work and interviews that were C4-specific, none of the camera work was done by C4, just as with the BBC and the Olympics. It was all done by OBS, who filmed everything and then provided 10 live streams for Rights Holding Broadcasters (RHBs) to use. There was a fair amount of flack towards OBS during the Olympics, surprised they haven't received as much for the Para's.

'OBS Tech', their main control suite where all the individual feeds came in, were mixed and sent out again as 10 stream to the RHBs, where they archived all the feeds, where they received and re-distributed the various RHB commentaries, and where they produced their own news channel for internal use, was rather awesome, especially considering it was all semi-temporary. 'Twas like what I imagine a Mission Control to be like :p ! I made a kind of 'video tour' through it, which I hope to upload soon, but in the mean time here's a picture of part of the main gallery area, that tbh doesn't do the size of it justice at all:

OBSTech.jpg

I didn't know that, I assumed it was the channel that did all the work - but that looks very awesome! I found the camera work during the Paralympics messier than the Olympics for some reason. Interesting to see it was done by an outside company though. The main control suite looks very vast!

London 2012 paralympics

Not so much an 'outside company', as one created precisely for this purpose. I always assumed the same as you though, but when you think about it, it'd never work - for the big stadium events, for example, you'd have literally hundreds of cameras from all the different worldwide broadcasters - they wouldn't fit :p

Pretty much every freelance techy in the UK has had some involvement in the games. Either directly filming the events, or like me, working for a specific network's studio.