• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Luna Park Sydney announces $30m expansion with 9 new rides

Isn’t that just what the RMC ones are like as well though? They use a modified form of I-box track. The only difference (as I understand it) is the circular base of the Intamin single rail track
If you look at the photo above, you'll see the two running rails that the wheels engage with that are joined by the spine, which is presumably fabricated in pieces and then constructed (?).

On an RMC ride, the wheels on each side of the train are in contact with the same flat rail that makes up the track piece

RB-opens-teaser.jpg

https://rcdb.com/19515.htm#p=128155

This image on RCDB is a good comparison.

So technically this ride isn't a single rail, just two rails connected all the way along the length. The real question though is does it actually effect how it rides and if so which is better?

I'd imgine the difference in track style is how Intamin have been able to get away with developing what seems on the face of it a similar ride system to RMC.

But based on that POV and having ridden a Raptor, RMC win thus far...!