• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

M&D's: General Discussion

Admittedly, I haven’t ridden one, but they look perfectly fun for what they are, if perhaps a little too spinny for my personal liking!
I rode Airbender at Blackpool PB a couple of years ago and wasn't a fan. I much prefer the Disk-O Coasters, like Edge at Paultons, which I rode a few years ago.

Well look at that, seems that M&D's have something new for 2021...A Zipwire, meh.

The park looks so barren now with not only Tornado gone but so too is the caterpillar. TBF the Flume looks like it has had some TLC done for it but now the parks look more like a barren carpark than ever before.

Here follows a presentation from the Scottish tourist board. Warning: contains language.

So painfully true, never thought about M&D's being the Orlando of Scotland in terms of danger.

Nice to see the GP and not just us enthusiasts saying of how much of a dump it is.

If all you had to go on was that video it doesn't look half bad ! Layout still seems strange to me without the corkscrew.

If all you had to go on was that video it doesn't look half bad ! Layout still seems strange to me without the corkscrew.
Corkscrew has been removed since 2006, though I notice it's using the same trains as before which does make you question how smooth it might be.

Been a while since we heard anything from that damn Park but here is more bad (hilarious) news from them regarding passes.

Yes it is from that media outlet but honestly the news is not a surprise from them but all the same, for all the flack we give Towers/Merlin, from my view you down south have to appreciate what you have.

I'm more shocked that people went out to buy passes for this place, just shows the lack of things there are in Scotland and that people can be desperate. :(

M&D family of 4 season pass valued from March to October £396
Drayton Manor family of 4 annual pass valid from Feb to December £340
Yeah, say what you like about Drayton but you can see it being far better value for money.

The M&Ds website shows 23 'rides', most of which are funfair rides (and not even good funfair rides). £396 they are having a laugh!
I'm starting to wonder if they are in their own bubble and can't seem to notice the criticism unless it hit them right in the face.

I believe it's called Scotland ;)
Given they are the only theme park there unless you count Codona who despite being far smaller and nothing to write home about do give a damn, it's understandable.

How about we force the Taylors into going to EP to realise their errors of their sinful ways and come back as converted changed people? :D

That's it though isn't it, they have no competition.
Drayton has competition on all sides, so have to compete on cost.
M&D's are the only option for many miles.
TBH, even when Loudoun was there, they didn't seem to care and you have to wonder if Loudoun had not closed but actually went on to become a decent park that could compete with the South, would M&D's had actually made an effort or buried their heads in the sand?

Who knows, but them considering how at best mediocre both parks were then the so called rivalry between the two parks was more akin of two bald man battling over a comb. Yes, M&D's might have 'won' the battle but it really does feel like a hugely hollow one considering the state they are in.

Scotland has 4 permanent coasters according to RCDB with M&D's operating half of them. No wonder they feel like they can do as they please.

Jeez, I swear the park seems to get more depressingly bad the more updates I see on the place. :(

The loss of Tornado really has left a hole on the park for as bad as it was, it has made the park feel more empty and more like a car park than anything else.

Surely we Scots deserve better than these idiots? :mad::(