• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Magic Kingdom Expansion

The construction walls around the Mine Train have now been removed, with Disney publishing these images of the entrance to the attraction:

wLSmDLT.jpg

osrUR1s.jpg

It is almost scary.

The fact they look so lifelike is getting to the point of actual worry if you ask me.

:eek:

They're ridiculously good! That's just insane that Disney have got the movement so fluid. It's like you've stepped into a CGI animated world by the looks of the video.

That is jaw-dropping!

Just like you said, Scott, I honestly was thinking they were CGI to begin with. Trully astonishing.

I cant seem to find the cost of this project, does anyone have an idea? I'm assuming $200m+ as per usual?

I think the budget for the whole new fantasyland redo was around $250-300m. I would imagine the mine train accounted for about $100m of that money.

Disney have released a POV of *most* of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride. It seems to skip a bit of the indoor section and stops before it gets back to the station.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMw6lLJWIgA#ws

Have to say, it looks very nice aesthetically. Not sure about the actual ride experience though, hard to tell from a stationary camera on a ride that's supposed to sway.

ThemeParkReview have posted a full length video of the whole ride

!!WARNING!! The second half of the video shows the ride from the back car and shows the swinging better, but it does have Robb Alvey talking over most of it. !!WARNING!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A4vjeYLcXw#ws

The inside of the is mine outstanding and the general scenery looks jaw-dropping.

It does look lovely, but I can't help but feel it seems quite short for a Disney ride?

:)

It does seem a little short, like there should be second half after you go past their house. Are there other attractions planned for the area to complete the snow white story?

I think it looks pretty lacklustre. The animatronics look great, but I don't know, just looks meh especially for Disney.

Seems like a great addition - and a solid family coaster. Could maybe be a touch longer but the general ambience, theming and THOSE animatronics make up for it.

I'd say it's desgined to be more of a kids-family coaster rather than a family coaster aimed to be slightly more thrilling ala Expedition Everest or even say Thirteen. For that it seems pretty much spot on. The park already has BTM don't forget so it needed a slightly different appeal to that. The indoor section just looks amazing!

Disney have stated this ride is meant to be a step between Barnstormer (their kiddie coaster) and big thunder. Certainly a big step up than the kids coasters disney added previously (Vekoma roller skaters, with not much theming)

AstroDan said:
It does look lovely, but I can't help but feel it seems quite short for a Disney ride?

I like the way you say short for a Disney ride, as if to imply if it was a Universal, Merlin, Legoland or Six Flags family ride it would be a good length!

I think it looks great, the outdoor sections are thrilling enough for everyone to enjoy but not so big they will put anyone off. Given it was never expected to be as thrilling as Thunder Mountain it looks great.

Also others when trying to find a sensible comparison have called it a Disney version of the Dragon Coaster (at Legoland parks) and I think this sums it up perfectly, a dark ride with a moderate outdoor rollercoaster section.

It's fair cop I feel.

Disney rides are usually pretty long.

The dark ride bit seems quite rushed - would have liked more indoor coasting.

The opening date has been revealed to be Wednesday 28th May, which is a little later than I expected. I imagine there will be plenty of soft openings beforehand though.

Rob said:
I'd say it's desgined to be more of a kids-family coaster rather than a family coaster aimed to be slightly more thrilling ala Expedition Everest or even say Thirteen. For that it seems pretty much spot on. The park already has BTM don't forget so it needed a slightly different appeal to that. The indoor section just looks amazing!

I agree with Rob on this one, enthusiasts tend to look at all coasters as though it was designed for their demographic, as Rob says this ride is for kids and it's perfect for that. I do however agree with Dan that the dark ride section could have been a tad longer if you want to find a fault with it.