• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Major Ride Closures 2016

There's no pre show, no real plot line to follow, and that's been the real problem with this latest attractions.
There's no way to know the Nemesis story as you wait, but it doesn't matter - it's still awesome.

When you actually think about it there is not a single coaster at towers that you could work out the story from riding it for the first time. The only one is kind of oblivion but you would need to stop at every screen and that's if the are working! :eek:

When you actually think about it there is not a single coaster at towers that you could work out the story from riding it for the first time. The only one is kind of oblivion but you would need to stop at every screen and that's if the are working! :eek:
The storyline for oblivion is quite weak really. I suppose it's meant to be to be though.

World's firsts mean nothing to someone who hasn't been to loads of parks. A wooden coaster would be as new to me as any "world first" gimmick

There's no way to know the Nemesis story as you wait, but it doesn't matter - it's still awesome.

Yup, But the 'Story' isn't awesome, it's the theme behind the story. I bet the majority of people don't know the story.

To pluck something out of the air Talocan in PL. A tried and tested design, they waited, chucked crap loads at the theme and got themselves a cracking ride. Now look at Ripsaw...

It's a bit late now mind you, it's all gone to pot. File > New Game > Sandbox mode

Is it only me who thinks that it is ironic that they decided to include the Hex music in the finale of the 2015 fireworks if it is confirmed true that they will not be opening it in 2016?

They probably hadn't decided that HEX wouldn't open when the music was comissioned.

Hex and Ripsaw are much loved rides.

:(

The storyline for oblivion is quite weak really. I suppose it's meant to be to be though.

World's firsts mean nothing to someone who hasn't been to loads of parks. A wooden coaster would be as new to me as any "world first" gimmick
When you think about it, the Oblivion videos don't half date the ride now, "world's first vertical drop coaster" would have meant a lot in 1998, but now it means nothing haha

That said, with Oblivion, it doesn't matter about the story, what you take from it just by looking at it and the area, the bits of the videos you do see walking through, you get enough of a sense of what it's about and it still intimidates me after years of riding it, that's what's so great about the ride.

Poor Hex.....

If Merlin are just cost cutting in cannot see the logic... They need.a huge 2016 to restore visitor number and confidence. This is going the wrong way about it.

This makes me think perhaps they are taking a couple of years as a step back, review, refurbish and invest. Then in 2018 we will see a revamped park, with a new headline attraction and up to scratch entertainment. Maybe they have the sense to see short term pain is long term gain.

Alternatively, they may now want to disassociate themselves with a now tarnished brand and be gearing up for a sale.

Question...is hex being removed like flume et al or just left as sbno. I just cant see them removing an iconic ride like this....

The thing with Hex is, most people don't see it as THAT iconic. The general public mostly (I assume) just see it as another attraction with a bit of an interesting fable tied in with it, and given the time that it's now been open, even the occasional once every few years visitor will have experienced its surprise element more than once. I could understand them wanting to make a change at some point, but only if it's broken and not worth fixing. We're not there yet are we?

Why did they change hex last time? Was it to Change the story so more guests would go on it or something else?

For the question of why the story lines for the rides are either weak or none at all is simple really....the GP are too dumb to take notice of them and just want to get on the ride, not surprising considering you have some poor capacity rides that take forever to get the punters through.

It's even harder to get the story now, after the crash QLV 2 was moved to where QLV 3 was, QLV 3 isn't used anymore (not sure about QLV 1)

QLV = queue line video.

It's even harder to get the story now, after the crash QLV 2 was moved to where QLV 3 was, QLV 3 isn't used anymore (not sure about QLV 1)

QLV = queue line video.
Was it? I thought they just edited them. They were all on when I went at scarefest and in the summer holidays

Hex was completely different when it opened, but was changed very soon because no one "got it". Never saw it myself, but I think it was something to do with rampaging bison invading the Towers, so you hide in a barrel and they start headbutting it and it rolls about...

Like I say, I never rode it, so I could be slightly off the mark there.

I'm not too sure what the original story was. I think it involved a scientist character or something, and they told the story (instead of the cinematic film we have now). I don't know anything else but I remember there being topics on TTF many years ago when some people found a little info about it. Hex V1 is mostly a mystery.