• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Major Ride Closures 2016

And it stills scares the hell out of me, every single time that I ride it and I've lost count on how many times I've ridden it. And if Alton build one, they would save money as they won't need any scare actors.
Same here I've been on so many times and I'm always shaking with adrenaline after and I want to go on again :D. Only drop tower/ride to ever do that to me

Main thing I love with sub terra's story line? Two things:
  1. It's a slightly feasible idea. It feels like it really could happen, more so than most rides
  2. You have a reason to be there. You can get some great storylines on some high budget rides, but not many have a sense of why you are in this situation. Even with nemesis, it's difficult to guess this.
I am sad it closed. I only did it twice, and it was about a week before it finally closed. Absolutely terrified the first time I did it (tried to do oblivion, ripsaw and NST for the first time all in one day, that was interesting), but liked it so much I ran round and did it again.

I agree with what you say about the story as this is the thing that I do like about NST as well as the themeing. I was lucky to lost count on how many times I've ridden it.

However as a stand alone ride NST for me is a very tame ride. Personally I prefer the drop in Th13teen.

Same here I've been on so many times and I'm always shaking with adrenaline after and I want to go on again :D. Only drop tower/ride to ever do that to me

I been on many big rides and after a while I seem to get immune to them and they no longer scare me or give me a adrenaline rush. However Apocalypses never fails to get me (each and every-times including re-rides) no matter how many times I ride it.

To be honest Charlie was such a mess it wouldn't surprise me if Alton Towers were counting down the days until the IP ran out. Bet they can't wait until they can rip apart the whole thing.

Towers have finally put their gatemap up online, and it actually shows forbidden sweep (yet none of the other upsell games). Blade seems to have moved and covered where ripsaw was :(

maybe it indicates that the Blade might be moving to Ripsaw's previous location?

That wouldn't make sense though. It's in its own purposely dug out pit. They won't touch the Blade until it falls apart in my opinion. I think it's just more down to poor map design, which has been the case for coming up to the last ten years I'm afraid.

Err... you know there was a ride there, in that pit, previous to Blade, right?

(Psst, Thunderlooper!)

;)

Hahaha christ, as if I forgot that! Although my point technically still stands. It is in it's own (already dug) pit. It'd be more effort for them to pull it out and relocate it unnecessarily than just leave it where it is.

I've literally just been watching a video on Thunderlooper too!

Towers have finally put their gatemap up online, and it actually shows forbidden sweep (yet none of the other upsell games). Blade seems to have moved and covered where ripsaw was :(

There are a few other up sell games marked on the map such as Galacti-Cans, Water Walkers, Golf Challenge, Battle Beams and all four arcades :)

That map is pretty bad. Feels kind of empty with all the missing rides. There's two signs for the Haunted Hollow path I guess to make it look less empty. How did they turn Oblivion around to face the other way? :D

Forbidden Valley today had less than half its full complement of rides. With Galactica not yet open, NST indefinitely closed and Ripsaw just plain gone. With just Blade and Nemesis to deal with the crowds, you'd imagine there would be a plan to run the two rides left to their maximum capacity.

It's therefore beyond belief that for whatever reason Nemesis was running only one train today.