• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mardi Gras 2023

So did Mardi Grad yesterday and was very impressed.

I did the first Mardi Gras in 2021 but didn’t do last year, have to say I was very impressed though cards on the table the weather was lovely so that always helps.

I think centralising the event was a good call, Towers is huge and to spread an event across a the whole park is very difficult, even parks like Europa only have a few events that cover the whole park (Halloween and Christmas), so I think this was a good call.

The food options were good and for theme parks reasonable priced, two bars with good beer also helped.

The entertainments are good and the parade at the end was almost dare I say it magical (though get rid of Alton bear and bring back Henry Hound!)

The only negatives I had were:

- Minor issue but the dancing tube things at the entrance are loud and kill any atmosphere.

- Towers Street lacked music.

- 6pm was way too early a closing time, 6.30pm-7pm would have been spot on.

What time is the end of day parade? Is it at 5 today closing time?
5pm. We caught it yesterday around 5:15 as they were parading past Mutiny Bay. It ends on Towers Street with a couple of extra parade numbers.

Only criticism from yesterday is that Towers Street is crying out for a bar of some sort. There were loads of people on the benches on the lawns yesterday evening who would’ve happily stayed there for a couple of beers after the parade had ended. There is a bar to the left just after the hospitality suite but that felt a bit random and out of place.