• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mardi Gras & Oktoberfest 2021

Part 1 of a making of Mardi Gras video just published. When you see videos like this I think it makes you realise the planning, work and effort that is put into these events - things which I think we're all guilty of forgetting about sometimes when we're criticising Towers about or commenting on these events. And I must admit the music is a bit funky - I suspect Simon Allen as the composer!

Part 1 of a making of Mardi Gras video just published. When you see videos like this I think it makes you realise the planning, work and effort that is put into these events - things which I think we're all guilty of forgetting about sometimes when we're criticising Towers about or commenting on these events. And I must admit the music is a bit funky - I suspect Simon Allen as the composer!

Wow! A huge amount of work and the costumes from what we can see so far look great!

Definitely looking forward to this although I still don't really know what to expect from all those stages and floats, my hope is that those will suck enough guests out of the queues that the park can take pretty much regular crowd levels keeping with current guidelines. The one thing they need to sort out, and I'm aware that I'm going to start sounding like a broken record, is the opening hours. Unless they extend the opening hours past 5pm this event is going to be a dud and the fact that they are waiting this long before advertising opening hours is making me a bit nervous...

Definitely looking forward to this although I still don't really know what to expect from all those stages and floats, my hope is that those will suck enough guests out of the queues that the park can take pretty much regular crowd levels keeping with current guidelines. The one thing they need to sort out, and I'm aware that I'm going to start sounding like a broken record, is the opening hours. Unless they extend the opening hours past 5pm this event is going to be a dud and the fact that they are waiting this long before advertising opening hours is making me a bit nervous...

It isn't going to 5pm on weekends or holiday periods - hands down. The park are clearly just awash with worry and are probably waiting to check on ticket presales prior to confirming the closing times. Of course, if they advertised the hours it might actually MAKE people book...

It isn't going to 5pm on weekends or holiday periods - hands down. The park are clearly just awash with worry and are probably waiting to check on ticket presales prior to confirming the closing times. Of course, if they advertised the hours it might actually MAKE people book...
Booked for Sunday 23rd. It would be nice to know what time the queues will close before then so I can start properly planning my day. :p

I did Friday 28th on Sun Savers hoping it wont be 10-4 as Friday is the most convenient day for me, I was told I should've waited until times are released and it was my own fault/risk - but I'd still be waiting now! 8 days before the event starts and still no opening times!

Looks like the weekends and second week weekdays will be 7pm close but the first week weekdays will be 4pm close :-(

Looks like the weekends and second week weekdays will be 7pm close but the first week weekdays will be 4pm close :-(
The second week is May half term so the park will be a lot busier (this will also be the test of how many people the park with the added capacity can take). The first week I would expect to be a fair bit quieter but still busy enough for 4pm closures to be too short.

4pm closure was to short today, out of adult rides all we done from 10am was wicker man and the 0.9m rides, we didn't stop to eat as we realised how tight the day was going to be.

so rundown.
wickerman x1 10m queue
Rmt x1 no queue
Duelx 1 no queue
skyride forbidden valley to dark forrest
The 3 DW rides no queues
6x Ceebies rides no queues
And somehow its 4pm ?

Would have love to have done : nemesis/galagtica/smiler/spinball/oblivion/thirteen/ retro squad. That just shows for a family 6h simply isnt enough time

The app has been updated to indicate the expanded Entertainment for Mardi Gras. In addition to the Krewes around the park there appears to be 4 revolving shows on the stage on the front lawns. Always great to see entertainment outside of CBeebies Land!

HSHcEX4.jpg

The event looks fantastic its just a shame I won't have enough time to appreciate it on Friday. I'd love to try some things from Food Street and spend some time at the stage shows and Krewes :( but it'll just be about getting on as much as possible in 6 hours, a real shame!

Quick question - do the Mardi Gras food stalls stay open after ride close - with the park now closing at 6pm on my visit, I've already got lunch sorted (good old meal deal on the go which I planned for the stupid 4pm closing time) but I now wouldn't be opposed to buying something after ride close should they remain open for 30 minutes or so after close.