• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Annual Pass Changes - November 2017

Anyone know if it's still £50 to upgrade from a standard pass to a premium pass? I used to use clubcard points to get a free standard pass and then pay £50 cash for an upgrade to premium. Anyone done similar lately?

Is it usually only £20 difference between regular and premium these days, or is that just temporary due to the sale? If that's the usual difference now, shouldn't it in theory only cost someone £20 to upgrade between passes? Cheers :)

Anyone know if it's still £50 to upgrade from a standard pass to a premium pass? I used to use clubcard points to get a free standard pass and then pay £50 cash for an upgrade to premium. Anyone done similar lately?

Is it usually only £20 difference between regular and premium these days, or is that just temporary due to the sale? If that's the usual difference now, shouldn't it in theory only cost someone £20 to upgrade between passes? Cheers :)

I'm too questioning this at the moment as the Tesco club card rewards has all change.

You can no longer get a straight MAP voucher pass.

You now have to exchange the £0.50 to spend for every £1.50. So you can use part clubcard and part sterling to buy one. (£60 for a standard MAP in clubcard vouchers)

You also have to pick your attraction to exchange your vouchers, unlike before where you could exchange your vouchers at any attraction, giving you the opportunity to decide last minute where you would like to purchase you MAP.

The clubcard deals are only for the Standard Annual Merlin Pass and can't be use with any other offer. I myself need to clarify that a carer pass is still included free using the clubcard rewards with a disable guest

What you need to know
An Individual Standard Merlin Annual Pass is £179.

By selecting ‘Standard Merlin Annual Pass - collect at SEA LIFE London', you will only be able to collect from this attraction.If this is not a convenient location, select another here.

Once purchased you have 6 months to collect your pass. Before collecting please check the attraction operating calendar. The cardholder must be present when you collect your Annual Pass. Your Standard Merlin Annual Pass will start from date of activation.

Vouchers can only be redeemed against an Individual Standard Merlin Annual Pass which gives 12 months' entry to the UK attractions for one person.

This price will not be able to be redeemed in conjunction with any renewal offer, walk up price or any other Merlin promotion or sale.

You can only buy your Standard Merlin Annual Pass online via the link on the email. You cannot redeem over the phone with the customer services team or on the Tesco Clubcard site.

https://secure.tesco.com/clubcard/boost/search-results/merlin?search=merlin

They absolutely should have a family pass, but I agree with everyone else above who's said the limitations on it are bad and exclusionary.

It was £40 difference in the New Year sale. This latest sale seems to have shortened the gap. The difference was enough to make me go to a standard before, but at £20 I would have probably gone premium.

Also think there shouldn’t be a minimum of two adults for a family, plenty of families consisting of one adult and one child

pretty sure there isn't a minimum, a friend is a single mum to five kids and she always gets the family rate, there no way she'd have passes if it meant she had to buy her ex-husband one too, she'd rather poke her eyes out with a screwdriver than give him anything.

pretty sure there isn't a minimum, a friend is a single mum to five kids and she always gets the family rate, there no way she'd have passes if it meant she had to buy her ex-husband one too, she'd rather poke her eyes out with a screwdriver than give him anything.

It’s a minimum of 3 people, I wasn’t able to get family pass for me and my daughter

It’s a minimum of 3 people, I wasn’t able to get family pass for me and my daughter

Yes exactly, one adult, two kids (or in her case, five kids), I was pretty sure there was no minimum adult limit on the family deal pass.

Me and my son had to go for individual passes last your like you because the Mrs used the carer pass, but it was still cheaper than buying three passes on the family deal, well just anyway.

The slow conflation of pricing between Standard and Premium is just Merlin’s way of conditioning people to a rise in the Annual Pass price.

Premium is actually just what you got from the regular Annual Pass a few years ago. By attaching the Premium branding and artificially separating what each pass gets you, Merlin get to disguise the increase to pass prices.

Or maybe be I’m just being cynical.

Adults are over 12 though under the Mysteries Of Merlin Magic Making.
So all teenagers are adults under the pass rules arent they?

Until you enter the park then an adult is anyone over 14 (for RAP assistance) or over 21 for booze, or something like that.

The photo pass offer is for the premium map only and is a limited offer, so won't be around for long, so when the offer ends, I couldn't see a cut off date.

Can’t remember which thread it was on but someone said Merlin don’t seem to be pushing the annual pass very hard this year, I’ve got to agree the summer sale ends in a few days and I’ve not even had a reminder off them, I was bombarded last year!

@Rick is there a change of strategy to push the resort specific passes more?

With a Merlin family pass can they be used individually or do all three members have to be there?