• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Annual Pass offers and questions

I don't know if the timing of Merlin email that I recived today had anything to do with Watchdog, but I still think their offering is too little too late. It still not what pass holder signed up for.

GuU476L.png

r0ebPFK.png

t0MpVbH.png

9AkfM3E.png

trouble is, no one really signed up expecting a pandemic.

So Nick Varney can take on the might of Kay Burley but not Matt Allwright?

In fairness Nick Varney had more to answer for on the interview with Kay Burley.
The issue here doesn't come nowhere near close in terms of severity although I agree, its still a kick in the teeth for customers.

I guess the worse thing is they have continued to sell and promote season and annual passes all year to new customers. Knowing full well most of these people won’t be able to even visit unless it’s a random weekday. They should have stopped selling them right at the start when the parks reopened, or when they realised they had too many people wanting to visit.

cause not only are they annoying existing pass holders, they are also annoying loads of new pass holders at the same time.

In the financial section of the DM the other day there was a question about the annual pass fiasco :p

Merlin are adding another month onto Annual Passes that are active on 5th November. Monthly passes will also be suspended for one month.

See Merlin FAQs.
As expected which is good, will it make people happy though? I doubt it.

It would of been better customer service to originally extended passes for 9 months, people wouldn’t of complained as much about not getting prebook tickets as at least their pass would be valid for the majority of 2021. See what happens next month I guess.

As expected which is good, will it make people happy though? I doubt it.

It would of been better customer service to originally extended passes for 9 months, people wouldn’t of complained as much about not getting prebook tickets as at least their pass would be valid for the majority of 2021. See what happens next month I guess.

People will still complain as the restrictions on passholder will extend into 2021. They would have been better giving people a refund for whatever was left at this stage. Glad mine was monthly one that I could cancel.

Plus it's still possible that the lockdown may be extended past a month, especially considering the furlough scheme has been extended to March.

I cancelled my monthly membership the other day. Quite surprised how quick and easy it was.

Even with them suspending payment for a month, I’d have no use for it until next April.

I had alot of back and forth trying to cancel mine but got it done eventually.