• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Annual Pass - To renew or not to renew?

Will you be renewing your Merlin Pass or investing in one?

• Total voters
Looking for a random Saturday in August, Cbeebies cheapest option is £332, ATH is £206 and Enchanted Lodge is £252.

How did the price compare to the Moon Voyager and Enchanted Lodge rooms? As the room layout in the CBeebies rooms is more like the Moon and Lodge rooms with the bunk beds in a seperate part of the room compared to the double bed. Also Splash rooms are smaller so I expect them to always be cheapest.
£75 more than a lodge

I don't think any hotel room is worth £332 a night. Especially considering what isn't included at ATH (swimming pool is extra cost, room service isn't available etc). You can stay at the Savoy in central London for around £400.

I don't think any hotel room is worth £332 a night. Especially considering what isn't included at ATH (swimming pool is extra cost, room service isn't available etc). You can stay at the Savoy in central London for around £400.
Can you provide a link to your price. Looking at the website, it looks to be double that :p

I didn't renew my pass this year, and whilst I certainly miss the coasters at Towers and Thorpe I feel it's been the right decision from what I've heard about the state of the parks. I have very little faith that the parks will be in decent shape next season (knowing Merlin, if anything they'll be worse), so whilst I would like to go back to Towers next year I'm not certain on getting the pass again. Maybe I'll do it if Hex re-opens next season.

It'll be a renewal for me, but only because there's no other passes in the UK offering multiple parks. Year after it'll probably be a BPB pass though.

Me and my family will be buying maps for the first time this year. The Alton Towers I know today is what I've grown up with and what I love. Despite ride closures there is no denying they have incredible coasters. Compared to other parks like Drayton Manor the ride offering is so much better.

There's a lot of negativity and I understand that if you've seen the park in much better days but look at the likes of The Smiler, Nemesis, Th13teen and Galactica (without the headsets obviously!)

Merlin have shown no plans to immediately improve the attractions which they operate and are in denial about the state of them.

Therefore, as it stands, I will be purchasing an ATR only pass, seen as it's nearby and I would like to see everyone there.

2017 is therefore likely to be the first year since 2005 which I have not owned a group-wide annual pass in the UK.

It's been 2 years since I last visited Alton Towers.
2 years since I was last at Thorpe Park.
A year and a half for Chessington.

And the worst part is I don't even need a pass, I can get in for free! The Merlin parks have lost all their appeal, I don't miss visiting them. Instead I've been on a dream trip to Florida and hope to have more time to visit Europa Park along with any other Theme Parks worthy of the name.

I'm still a passionate enthusiast and haven't burnt out through too many visits. I simply can't face seeing the parks I love so much in their current state.

All you people not renewing .. you just wait .. next year will be amazing ! Amazing I tell ya. Towers are going to pull out all the stops over close season and fix everything and more :D

So I asked the same question in the Annual pass Facebook group, which has more members of General Public in, Shows the result is nowhere near as close as the enthusiast poll. http://prntscr.com/d9e65e
Granted it's nowhere near as close but the number of people saying no should still set off alarm bells.

Let's imagine I was doing a survey in one of the parks asking who would want to return next year. If half the people said no or unsure I'd be pretty concerned.

Out of a total 929 responses so far, 466 have said they will renew/have renewed, 260 undecided and 192 not renewing at all. 11 downgrading. Concerning figures for Merlin? http://prntscr.com/d9jb2g
not really, if everyone in that group has a Pass thats over 18000 pass holders, so just a small drop in the ocean
18000 X £150(average) = £2.7M
260 x £150(average) = £39000

I would imagine they actually took more then 2.7m in earnings from Pass sales, the only people loosing out by not renewing are the actual guests.

Merlin won't even notice