• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Merlin Annual Pass

I know with Merlin Passes it’s only gold and platinum that still get a physical card, silver and discovery are digital only.

I like having the option of both, means it’s not a big deal if I forget my card because it’s also on the wallet on my phone, and if I lost or forgot my phone, I’d still have my physical pass to be able to get into the parks, access discounts, get free parking etc. Hopefully I’m not ever dumb enough to forget or lose both.

Oh damn I would have actually found that really useful, curse my gold pass.

One thing that bothers me about these cups is that they are park specific and can’t be used across all merlin parks. Not really good for the environment is it? And who wants loads of the things knocking about at home? We have one for towers as we go there regularly but haven’t bothered getting one from anywhere else, apart from the blue passholder cup from chessington as that can be used across all parks but trying to get them refilled can be tricky as they’re not freestyle and not all outlets will do it. Some staff don’t even know what they are!

Last edited:

One thing that bothers me about these cups is that they are park specific and can’t be used across all merlin parks. Not really good for the environment is it? And who wants loads of the things knocking about at ho e? We have one for towers as we go there regularly but haven’t bothered getting one from anywhere else, apart from the blue passholder cup from chessington as that can be used across all parks but trying to get them refilled can be tricky as they’re not freestyle and not all outlets will do it.
I wasn't aware of this, that's ridiculous!

Scared of a bit of advertising for their own parks? I can't understand the reasoning behind that.

I don’t have Facebook so it doesn’t let me see that page, would you mind summing up what that post is about please?
✨😍 NEW Platinum Pass PERK ALERT! 😍✨

🥤 From June 15th, everyone will receive a FREE Coca-Cola Freestyle cup and two re-fill vouchers when purchasing a Platinum Pass!

🎫 Vouchers will be included in your welcome packs, delivered within 30 days.

🤩 You can redeem your cup and re-fills from 15th June.

👍 Find out how to redeem your free Coca-Cola Freestyle cup and re-fills here: https://bit.ly/39WceHr

✅ Already a Platinum Passholder? – don’t worry! You’ll also receive this FREE perk. Keep and eye on the post, as your vouchers and lanyards are on the way!

It's also now listed on the Merlin Annual Pass website under the perks section if you'd rather take a look there.

Seems like a wise decision to start getting some new perks out to push people to the Platinum Pass from the older passes. I have to agree that not having the cups being interoperable between parks is completely backwards from an environmental point of view. It's clearly been done for purely monetary reasons to get the cup payment at each attraction.

Still, it's nice to have as a regular to Towers and it'll certainly push me to purchase the refills when on park for longer days in future, something I've never bothered with before.

I don’t have Facebook so it doesn’t let me see that page, would you mind summing up what that post is about please?

I'm not logged into Facebook on this PC but the preview appears in the forum post. You should also be able to click and see the image without logging into FB.

One thing that bothers me about these cups is that they are park specific and can’t be used across all merlin parks. Not really good for the environment is it? And who wants loads of the things knocking about at home? We have one for towers as we go there regularly but haven’t bothered getting one from anywhere else, apart from the blue passholder cup from chessington as that can be used across all parks but trying to get them refilled can be tricky as they’re not freestyle and not all outlets will do it. Some staff don’t even know what they are!

Yeah I don't understand why they didn't implement a Merlin standard freestyle cup and then you just pay to reactivate at each park.
Worked well when we went to Universal Florida, but its not worth the price at the Merlin parks as the weather and shorter opening means I don't need that much to drink.
I also like Seaworlds low-tech method, there was a sticker on top of the cup to confirm you'd paid for refills. Bring it back and either pay for unlimited again or it can be re-used (at SW and Busch) and you just pay $1 per refill.