• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mini Meet: London Dungeon Re-Opening (2nd March)

Right, I've changed the date now after much thinking! When is the best time for us all to meet at County Hall? This is considering how a fair few people are commuting from the Midlands and upwards. I would like to get there for 10am preferably to try and beat the queues but if anybody will be getting into London later then we can always pad out the time by doing other Merlin attractions before visiting the Dungeon.

Thoughts?

We'll make it 10:30, meet in the Merlin foyer on the left hand side of County Hall. I'm also going to the McDonalds at CH beforehand because breakfast so if anybody wants to join me then that'll be great!

Rowe said:
We'll make it 10:30, meet in the Merlin foyer on the left hand side of County Hall. I'm also going to the McDonalds at CH beforehand because breakfast so if anybody wants to join me then that'll be great!

I'll be happy to join you Rowe =)

Won't be able to join you guys as I have work and I'm going to the preview day on Tues.

Premium ftw, Standard ftl :D

However, that does seem extremely tight of them. I don't really understand how much difference a week or so would make, if any! :/

I've been told that they're expecting it to be incredibly busy so I guess as most people probably hold Standard Passes they're holding off admitting those people and only opening it up to the truly valued premium holders.

I am going to the preview event, where I hope I'll be able to upgrade my card for £40 or whatever it is.

Just wondering, how bothered are people about doing the other Merlin attractions? Personally I don't mind Tussauds runs, only for Spirit of London, or going on the London Eye plus 4D but I'd love to avoid SEA LIFE at all costs! Any attraction suggestions after Dungeon (that are free, Varney's probably having a tantrum reading that) are welcome too!

Dan and Matt were talking about doing Tussauds for Spirit of London and I'd like to too, same with London Eye 4D :)

Getting quite excited for this city based excursion now after reading up on reports, hopefully the Dungeon will still retain the charm that Tooley had.

Double post. Meh.

Bit of a long shot, but would anyone fancy nipping down to Greenwich and having a trip on the Emirates Air Line?

Just been having a look online and if we did it just one way and hopped on the tube the other side, with our day travlecards, it would be £3.20 for a single across from either side. I've never tried it and thought it might be pretty cool if others are up for it :)

LiamC said:
Double post. Meh.

Bit of a long shot, but would anyone fancy nipping down to Greenwich and having a trip on the Emirates Air Line?

Just been having a look online and if we did it just one way and hopped on the tube the other side, with our day travlecards, it would be £3.20 for a single across from either side. I've never tried it and thought it might be pretty cool if others are up for it :)

That's a good idea, we could do that right after the London Dungeon with a Jubilee to Emirates Greenwich Peninsula and once we're on the other side, go back towards Tussauds unless there's anything in East London worth visiting beforehand.

Excellent :) I'm not sure if other people have done it or not, but I thought it would be a good time filler to do, especially as it's quite cheap too!

Prices etc. can be found here Emirates Air Line fares.

;D

If were doing the Emirates Airline Straight after the Dungeons, then I'll happily join you =)

TedTheHuman said:
If were doing the Emirates Airline Straight after the Dungeons, then I'll happily join you =)

Spiffing! Hopefully the majority will fancy it as it's quite cheap and something new :)

Will be good to meet new faces also!