• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Most Missed Rides

Out of all of these major rides, which do you miss the most?

• Octopus

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Splash Cats

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swan Boats

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Thunder Looper

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Toyland Tours

Votes: 27 20.9%
  • Vintage Cars

• Haunted House

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Dynamo

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Doom & Sons

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Corkscrew

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Boneshaker

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Blackhole

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • Alton Beast

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Around the World in 80 Days

• 1001 Nights

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
'Around the World in 80 Days' and 'Doom & Sons' were unique too, don't forget.

Toyland as whilst only riding it a few times and being scared of parts (I was a odd child) and not having the same nostalgic value as much as everyone else, what they replaced it with after 7 years is STILL abysmal. I'd rather have a dated 90's attraction than what we have now. -_-

Oh my I just posted here...

I loved corkscrew for the noise of the lift hill as you were walking across the bridge towards the towers. I did not care for the serious head injuries it used to give me.

One ride that was there I think for one season was gravitron. It was great fun, me and my brother spent ages on that, it was so much fun being pushed up against the wall and trying to lift your arm up but being totally unable to move.

Bah I can't find a video on youtube but in the series Chuck there is a good fight scene in a gravitron :)

I miss the swans. I never went on them, because I was a boy and didn't do girly rides!!!!!!!!!! But I do miss them on the lake.

Jem8472 said:
One ride that was there I think for one season was gravitron. It was great fun, me and my brother spent ages on that, it was so much fun being pushed up against the wall and trying to lift your arm up but being totally unable to move.

I believe it now lives at Pleasure Island? If it is, I have ridden it :) Good fun

Had to vote corky,as it was the only one off the list I had ridden, but I would have loved to of ridden the haunted house in peak condition

Boneshaker!

Well back when it was the Energiser either in X-Sector or Festival Park.

I love a good supporting flat ride and its something Alton is in severe lack of these days, and it was an excellent ride when it worked on a great setting. Sadly I dont think it enjoyed being rehomed several times and certainly cant have been impressed that Submission was its replacement and was toned down then died.

Dont get me wrong I loved the black hole and Toyland Tours was great (compared to its replacement) but I dont miss them as rides as much as I do Boneshaker / Energiser.

The Alton Beast! It was my first ever real roller coaster and I loved it to bits. Wild in places, but fun...and nowhere near as daunting as the Thunder Looper.

Toyland Tours without a doubt.

So many memories tied to that ride, and I was genuinely sad to see it go. I was (perhaps foolishly) hopeful that Charlie would be just as captivating and full of imagination as Toyland was. The reality however was far from great, which IMO makes Toyland's demise so tragic.

The ride when it was new was full of life, never had a dull corner to look at, was upbeat in its musical score and had a bunch of really memorable set pieces (the Sonic scene, the chubby checker, the 'dolly' mixtures amongst others). Even when some effects weren't working fully, it still had a ton of character. Its popularity sadly waned towards the end of its life, and its last day was just as eventful as the days leading up to its closure, and before we knew it it was completely gone without a trace.

Then Charlie turned up... and the response it got was less than favourable. So sad that a ride as good as Toyland lived, subsequently died with nobody caring, then was replaced by something so inferior, which made us realise the treasure that we had lost...

...Well that got poetic and pretentious as hell :p But yeah, I miss that ride.

Really miss our Corky. Only rode her once, and then I really didn't appreciate her that much. I love how I sound like I'm talking about an ex-girlfriend. :S

Toyland Tours is it for me, it was a great dark ride ripped out for something that isn't even worthy to operate in the same building as its predecessor.

Also miss Black Hole, though i like it's eventual replacement.

Dave said:
Toyland Tours is it for me, it was a great dark ride ripped out for something that isn't even worthy to operate in the same building as its predecessor.

Also miss Black Hole, though i like it's eventual replacement.

That empty tent was such a waste of space. Good thing they made use of it for ScareFest 2011 though.

Sorry about the 'bump' guys but i'm a newbie and i'm reading some of your old fantastic threads whilst being insanely bored at work!

For me the black hole was mega! There's a similar ride at Euro Disney which is all dark and you have no idea of where you going except for the flicker of light effect! My daughter loved it!

Corkscew just gave me a headache and a sore neck (similar to the ride on the side of the New York hotel in Vegas!) and i didn't particularly enjoy it!

The boneshaker was just like a still version of the corkscrew as that also shook me to bits!!

I only ever rode thunder looper once, amazing how it sticks in the mind. Corkscrew, everybody has said how uncomfy it was, especially in the rain if I remember. Black hole. As a teenager with a good friend between your legs there was only one thing you could do. Sing your little heart out all the way around.

Black hole. Only because the only ride I have been on that has shut is submission.

I whent on x at thorpe park (good ride) with my dad and he was convinced that black hole was x just renamed.

I also thought thunder looper looked good from pictures but I wasn't even born when it closed so haven't seen it. Like to of tried doom and sons, dynamo and boneshaker because I haven't seen rides like them at other parks.

Last edited: