• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
What am I missing with talk of rides closing to aid the Nemesis work ? Has a timeline of works been released ?

They have another month of this closed season, a full season and another full closed season before it opens ?

They could spend the season doing footer/supports work, general tidying/cleaning of the area, adding new theming etc then over closed season install the track.

Like Rick said there’s no schedule publicly available so at this point there’s nothing to suggest whether rides/areas/the monorail need closing at any point or not.

Installing the new track seems like it will be one of the easier/quicker tasks when it comes to this refurb. It’s all the work on the footers etc that will be the most awkward and time consuming.

I’d assume they will want to repaint the lift hill and brake run to match the rest of the new track too. Otherwise it’ll just look odd.

Interesting… I did wonder if the ride might reopen with a “Colossos: Kampf der Giganten” style moniker.

To be honest, I don’t mind “Nemesis Reborn” as monikers go. That could be quite a snazzy name that rolls off the tongue quite nicely!

Before any of the rose-tinted nostalgia folk born after the ride opened come along and say this new name will ruin the ride, you can literally still just call it Nemesis.

I'd assume the Reborn part will be a very small subtitle tacked on under the Nemesis part.

I bey they'll call it that for the first decade, then it'll just revert back to Nemesis later on.
Who knows, really? Colossos at Heide Park seems to have retained its “Kampf der Giganten” moniker 4 years on from its revamp.

A0F5B0B5-A505-4E04-A312-1D040514B969.jpeg

Trade marked today! Could this be the new name for the ride?
It's just been filed, pending approval. A mark is filed, and a filing date is assigned. From there a trade mark examiner will look at the mark and examine to whether the mark meets the requirements of a registrable trade mark. This is known as the Absolute grounds. In other words, it's not official just yet.

Who knows, really? Colossos at Heide Park seems to have retained its “Kampf der Giganten” moniker 4 years on from its revamp.
I don't think it matters that much for Colossos since it's called 'Battle of The Giants' and doesn't really hint the ride having a past theme, while Nemesis: Reborn literally says it in the name. The name won't age so well for the years to come as the original Nemesis will be slowly forgotten by the GP in the decades to come, an could leave many confused with the 'reborn' attached to the name. Reborn? Reborn when, from what, what was it like then? See, it doesn't really make much sense for people who never rode or knew the original Nemesis. 'Nemesis' just works fine as it is. Enough with the names, just gimmie a ride made up of one word. I believe the last ride to have that was Th13teen. Imagine if Thirteen was called "Th13teen, the takeover of Ug Land" Tell me, do you truly think many people still know what Ug Land is or was apart from Enthusiasts and old visitors.

Imagine if Thirteen was called "Th13teen, the takeover of Ug Land" Tell me, do you truly think many people still know what Ug Land is or was apart from Enthusiasts and old visitors.

This is close to what is sometimes known as 'whataboutism', except in this case it's more like whatifism.

Ug Land was not a world-famous coaster and iconic, game-changing brand for the park. They needed to make sure the 'new' Nemesis is different enough from a marketing perspective to justify the CAPEX, as has been highlighted, repeatedly. The name does the job. You can just call it 'Nemesis'. Almost everybody will.

13 months to go folks.

I think Nemesis Reborn is a fine name, its fitting for its return and will work well for marketing. Most people probably still call it nemesis anyway, the reborn part could eventually be dropped after a few years or it could stay, doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. I don’t think the general public will think about it too deeply and if they are really curious about the ‘reborn’ aspect, a simple google search will answer any questions they may have.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.