• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I don't quite know how I am supposed to prove this with evidence other than my past record.

The intention is that Nemesis will remain closed for the entire 2023 season.

It's clearly a very large undertaking.

I am just glad that it would seem that Duel is now going to be closed before that, and not at the same time.

I am just glad that it would seem that Duel is now going to be closed before that, and not at the same time.
Is Duel going to close soon, then? Is whatever is thought to be happening to Duel thought to be the new attraction for 2023?

I don't quite know how I am supposed to prove this with evidence other than my past record.

The intention is that Nemesis will remain closed for the entire 2023 season.

It's clearly a very large undertaking.

...and that's exactly the sort of decisive reliable info I was after! Thanks.

I'm surprised there's the need to close for that long, but if that's the way they are having to go then fair enough.

Just wanna say this quickly since I think I was the last one to Post of Duels thread, and dont wanna double post there, but a lot pf people on the Internet have been saying that a lot of Staff at AT are saying that Duel is going back to the Haunted house and NST is coming back... I'm taking this with a pinch of salt. I kinda believe in the Duel bit, but not NST... I bet a new ride is going in there Nemesis related, but not Sub Terra returning. Everyone talks about NST coming back, but I don't see many people saying that they loved it as much as the HH.

On Nemmy though, i still firmly believe the Retrack will mostly take place in 2023. It'd logical and they don't have to rush it when compared to the Closed season, with only 4 months to spare.

I want to believe. But i think going back to haunted house only appeals to nerds like us. I think for the GP the shooting mechanics do have a draw. They wouldn't keep building the damn things otherwise.

I never got to experience sub terror so that would be incredible, is the ride mechanism even still in there?

I still need to get a back seat ride on nemmy before the work begins, i never resist the front row queue. I need that back seat blackout! Crazy to think at the start of the season I had never ridden a coaster with inversions, and now nemmy is my favourite ride, my best gal. And I'll be losing her.... For a while

If it's of any interest the company I work for supplied lighting to NST. We also did Hex and Duel. We have orders in place for an AT project ATM.....with delivery scheduled for September. I don't know which ride its for though but give the duel rumours, and the fact we've seen NST stripped of (our) lighting either one could be a safe bet

It’d be decent for a new experience in both Duel and NST to open next year.

Back to Nemesis, I’m personally looking forward to being able to ride and it not bash me about and be so uncomfortable as I assume the retrack will make it feel this way. I couldn’t comment though because I’ve never ridden a a fully retracted ride before. Pressure is definitely going to be on the other big 6 coasters next year unless a duel and sub Terra re theme both happen I think

While I'll certainly we'll be seeing the Haunted House back for next season (probably they'll mark it as a 'new' attraction for 2023 though depending on how extensive the overhaul will be it could arguably all brand new) I have some doubts on NST returning.

Given the bad reception it got on opening and the high staffing costs needed it would seem bringing back NST in its previous form is a non starter though I might be proved wrong. More likely is that for the current building to have something built to act as a stop-gap mainly for when Nemesis is likely to be out of action for, some like a Black Mirror style attraction could be built in there which on paper seems like the cheapest option Merlin can go for though even if the building was fully gutted out, could you just about squeeze that style of attraction in there? I'm not sure of how large the area is for Black Mirror so someone can correct me there for the attraction space needed.

Ideally though for NST if Merlin did decide to bite the bullet is that they'd knock down the current building and rebuild it to be twice as large to fit in a shooter dark ride which I have mentioned before which not only could be themed of shooting the Nemesis babies if you won't to roughly follow the original ride backstory with a few tweaks to it but that it would mean that the blasters on Duel could be transfered up to NST if that ride is to lose the shooter feature.

Ofc the later is a longshot though in theory if the HH is returning without the shooters and the GP state that they miss them, I wouldn't be surprised if they might decide to revisit the shooter concept for a new dark ride on the park to answer this and maybe the NST could become that...something in hindsight should have been what NST should've been in the first place as I highly doubt you'd get the debacle that followed.

But back on Nemesis being likely out for all next season, Towers know that they'll have to get the ride line up to not only make up for Nemesis but actually for the whole park which is the flat ride crisis by this point and I honestly don't know where they'll start nor if they'll have a blank cheque for fixing these issues giving how Nemesis' retrack will cost a pretty penny.

I personally though Nemesis Sub Terra ran quite well as an attraction alongside Nemesis, it was actually my favourite dark ride in the park after it’s alterations and before losing it’s actors in particular. It will certainly be strange with Nemesis being closed as we’ve seen it can still attract quite a queue. With the recent reliability of The Blade and Funk’n’Fly (which will probably be back let’s face it) it’d be a nightmare to have Galactica as the only operating ride at times in an area which 7 years ago had 5 operational rides.

Wee bit random and slightly off topic that you might find hilarious of an idea me and my old man cooked up after a few drinks.

As Nemesis will be 30 in 2024, there will be some wee events to mark it following it's return but we had this one crazy idea that sounds so stupid but brilliant somehow that you can only come up with while drunk, it is...Nemesis: The Musical for the West End! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I honestly have no clue how it'd work, first act on Nemesis' home world and end with Nemesis being exiled to Earth and the second act being dug up, found by maintenance staff, cause terror and end with Nemesis trapped in steel much like with the ride. :p

You'd have to say, that would be a strange way to celebrate a 30th anniversary and who knows, Merlin always love a world's first and here we'd have the world's first musical dedicated for a roller coaster! 🤣

Wee bit random and slightly off topic that you might find hilarious of an idea me and my old man cooked up after a few drinks.

As Nemesis will be 30 in 2024, there will be some wee events to mark it following it's return but we had this one crazy idea that sounds so stupid but brilliant somehow that you can only come up with while drunk, it is...Nemesis: The Musical for the West End! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I honestly have no clue how it'd work, first act on Nemesis' home world and end with Nemesis being exiled to Earth and the second act being dug up, found by maintenance staff, cause terror and end with Nemesis trapped in steel much like with the ride. :p

You'd have to say, that would be a strange way to celebrate a 30th anniversary and who knows, Merlin always love a world's first and here we'd have the world's first musical dedicated for a roller coaster! 🤣
There has already been an amateur musical done by a load of enthusiasts a couple of years ago.

One thing I'd love to see is a BBC Prom concert playing British theme park and ride music. Imagine being in the Albert Hall while a live orchestra is bellowing out Nemesis or Hex in front of you. Would be incredible.

I'd go for a live tour of the Alton Towers themes live such as Nemesis and Hex which would all sound incredible, but what about giving the Haunted House and Toyland Tours themes to a live environment? That would be amazing too especially the former would really sound intense live.

A live version of Oblivion and Air would sound, uh, interesting live but yeah, I'd love as part of Nemesis' grand reopening event in the evening with it's theme played by a live band with impressive lighting taking place...would be the best opening of a ride Alton Towers would have done which honestly given their track record of opening rides isn't saying much.

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.