• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'd go for a live tour of the Alton Towers themes live such as Nemesis and Hex which would all sound incredible, but what about giving the Haunted House and Toyland Tours themes to a live environment? That would be amazing too especially the former would really sound intense live.

A live version of Oblivion and Air would sound, uh, interesting live but yeah, I'd love as part of Nemesis' grand reopening event in the evening with it's theme played by a live band with impressive lighting taking place...would be the best opening of a ride Alton Towers would have done which honestly given their track record of opening rides isn't saying much.
Raj’s bouncy bottom burp would be interesting.

We desperately need any of the main players within the UK theme park industry to do anything.... anything... interesting!
Well, we’ve got Chessington’s new coaster under construction, and Thorpe Park’s record breaking coaster should be starting construction before long, so we’ve got those exciting things to look forward to!

I'm not sure if this has been already discussed but I've forgotten, but does Grona Lund Monsters Trains have the exact same design of Nemesis' trains?

I'm not sure if this has been already discussed but I've forgotten, but does Grona Lund Monsters Trains have the exact same design of Nemesis' trains?
The Monster trains are an evolution of the Nemesis trains, with a few differences that have been developed over time. Notably the removal of the crossbar at the base of the seats and some changes to the restraint monitoring and release mechanism.

The only outlier in the inverted product line are the Banshee trains which despite being different do share a lot of components, as you would expect.

The Monster trains are an evolution of the Nemesis trains, with a few differences that have been developed over time. Notably the removal of the crossbar at the base of the seats and some changes to the restraint monitoring and release mechanism.
That's interesting, I would assume that Nemmy would get those new trains if the current trains were replaced (not sure if that's going to happen or not)

The only outlier in the inverted product line are the Banshee trains which despite being different do share a lot of components, as you would expect.
Mind if I ask, but what are crossbars?

Mind if I ask, but what are crossbars?
I think @Rick means the bar at the bottom of the seats that connects them all together.

The earlier inverts like Nemesis have them, whereas the later ones like Nemesis Inferno don’t.

To show this visually; look at Nemesis’ trains:
Nemesis-Trains.jpg

And look at Inferno's trains, for comparison:
Nemesis-Inferno-Trains.jpg

Hope that helps!
P.S. Sorry for slightly crude drawings.

The crossbar on the Nemesis trains is where the evacuation platform locates when evacuating from the lift. I'm unsure how it works on the newer designs but my guess is the platform locks onto the part you can see between the seats.
Ah that's interesting! Yeah it would be interesting to see how the evacuation procedure differs with the newer trains.

I mean the lift hill is remaining so they'll probably keep the same evacuation procedure and the trains have the bar underneath, it's not like it'll be a part that it would be difficult for B&M to fabricate anyway.

I'd imagine one of the goals of slight redesigns over the years as these trains evolve would be weight saving. So if Nemesis were to get new trains, would a different weight train effect the performance of the ride?

With each train built to order, I imagine B&M have the plans for the MK1 Invert trains and would build a pair of them to original spec. Newer style trains seem another faff about in terms of having to customise them to make them work on Nemesis rather than just building a pair of identical trains to the original. It's not like B&M would mass produce the trains and have them sitting around ready to go.

I think it really depends on if there is a need to swap out the trains for the new track (I don't understand why there would be) but more importantly, how old the components in those trains are ... none of the consumables will be original at this point.

If the station, lift hill etc are all good for another 30 years, the ride obviously (quite logically) hasn't aged at the same rate throughout.

I think they’re only replacing parts that have undergone significant stress during the ride’s life, aren’t they? Hence why the lift hill and brake run aren’t going.

As for the trains, maybe they could replace them with the newer style to lower strain on the track? I’d imagine that less weight will lead to less strain placed on the track.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.