• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Can someone tell me how you're meant to see this "investigation" start at 7 in Forbidden Valley, be at the lawns for 7:30 and be in the queue early enough to ride (again probably at 7:30) all at the same time. 😂
The announcement will take place after the fireworks have finished.
@Rob F I would not be surprised if Security were tasked with guarding the entrance, especially at closing time. The last thing Towers would want is a guest assaulting the host because they arrived too late.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me how you're meant to see this "investigation" start at 7 in Forbidden Valley, be at the lawns for 7:30 and be in the queue early enough to ride (again probably at 7:30) all at the same time. 😂
Whatever the "investigation" is - i.e. probably some walkabout characters, then they'll start it at 7pm, presumably as many who are there especially for multiple days will choose to skip fireworks for Nemesis. That doesn't mean they're only there at that time, just that it begins then and will no doubt continue until the queue closes.

If anyone from here manages to go, is it okay for you to record it so we can see what the announcement is?
It's fireworks, there's about 50+ people recording the thing so I wouldn't worry!

Well this Tweet they’ve posted earlier just feels downright misleading doesn’t it, they are definitely trying to give the impression that it’s closing for good.

e0bbeee20ca917ee8f5106ceaeda2719.jpg

https://twitter.com/altontowers/status/1588229643936612352?s=46&t=dek84BUdg6c5DFh6_iRPDg

Well this Tweet they’ve posted earlier just feels downright misleading doesn’t it, they are definitely trying to give the impression that it’s closing for good.

e0bbeee20ca917ee8f5106ceaeda2719.jpg

From: https://twitter.com/altontowers/status/1588229643936612352?s=46&t=dek84BUdg6c5DFh6_iRPDg

Misleading? I don't see anywhere where it says it's closing for good. The ride is still closed for a whole season minimum and it's true that it's essentially gone in its current guise and will feel different when it comes back. How different it is we don't know yet, but it'll certainly be a noticeable difference.

The point about the way it's being advertised keeps cropping up, but marketing is there to hype things up and get people interested. It's not misleading, just the wording is there to encourage people to visit. A quick Google would soon tell people that it is eventually coming back. It's no different to how new additions like Wickerman and especially Thirteen were advertised. It's all to attract the press to publish their own coverage and increase the level of publicity.

Misleading? I don't see anywhere where it says it's closing for good.

It literally says there “This is your final call to ride the iconic Nemesis one last time”.

There’s no asterix mentioning that it will reopen again at some point or that it’s only closed for a season for work to take place. I think (as the person above said) that they have chosen their words very deliberately here in trying to convey an impression that it will be closing for good as a marketing tactic towards the general public that don’t follow the news like we do. They know exactly what they are doing with that Tweet.

Last edited:
It literally says there “This is your final call to ride the iconic Nemesis one last time”.

There’s no asterix mentioning that it will reopen again at some point or that it’s only closed for a season for work to take place. I think (as the person above said) that they have chosen their words very deliberately here in trying to convey an impression that it will be closing for good as a marketing tactic towards the general public that don’t follow the news like we do. They know exactly what they are doing with that Tweet.
Indeed, of course they know what they're doing, bigging it up as I said - just as they have with many other new additions previously. Marketing is half truth, half clickbait. But, just because they don't say it's not closing for good doesn't mean it's misleading. As I mentioned, the ride in its current guise is going, it'll be back in some sort of new form. How different it is for better or worse we'll have to wait and see, but as the marketing says it's people's last chance to ride it in its current "iconic" form. It's marketing's job to big up the here and now, not to promote it returning in over a year from now - at least not just yet anyway!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.