• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Thanks for the incredible excitement, thrills and entertainment John Wardley and Nemmie.

Absolute legends.

Can't wait till 2024.

My Honda manual recommends using Honda parts to keep it a Honda. Merlin, please don't get Gerstlauer to do the retrack to keep costs down lol.

JW and B and M for the win. Please don't change the music!

Thanks for the incredible excitement, thrills and entertainment Jon Wardley and Nemmie.

Absolute legends.

Can't wait till 2024.

My Honda manual recommends using Honda parts to keep it a Honda. Merlin, please don't get Gerstlauer to do the retrack to keep costs down lol.

JW and B and M for the win. Please don't change the music!
I wouldnā€™t worryā€¦ Iā€™ll be staggered if B&M arenā€™t used for this. Based on how adamant they seem about keeping the ride itself the same, as well as the fact that the station, brake run and lift hill are being kept, Iā€™m almost certain that B&M will be providing the new track for this.

Iā€™m not even sure itā€™ll have the B&M vest restraint trains, to be honest; correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but donā€™t the vest restraint trains require wider track and a wider clearance?

Even if there are some minor aesthetic changes and such, I think the bread and butter coaster experience of Nemesis is likely remaining totally unchanged and will almost definitely feel just as good as it did before when we jump back on it in 2024!

I wouldnā€™t worryā€¦ Iā€™ll be staggered if B&M arenā€™t used for this. Based on how adamant they seem about keeping the ride itself the same, as well as the fact that the station, brake run and lift hill are being kept, Iā€™m almost certain that B&M will be providing the new track for this.

Iā€™m not even sure itā€™ll have the vest restraint trains, to be honest; correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but donā€™t the vest restraint trains require wider track and a wider clearance?
Indeed they do. Monster at Grona Lund is their newest invert and it uses the exact same style of trains that Nemesis uses.

If I had to guess, it's probably the same reason for the retrack, the structure is just at the end of its supposed lifespan and is tired.
The trains outside of a few seats and changing the covering are not too bad - new wheels on new track would be OK - woud there be a place to sell the old trains or just junked which would be a shame

The trains outside of a few seats and changing the covering are not too bad - new wheels on new track would be OK - woud there be a place to sell the old trains or just junked which would be a shame
I can imagine they could potentially sell pieces in the gift shops around the park. Blackpool and Drayton Manor do that with their old former rides.

Crikey. Amazing how much more mainstream coaster geekery has become in the 20 years I've been on the scene. I didn't go but I remember seeing pics of Nemesis X and the Black Hole closure events... never thought I'd see such glossy one off productions for enthusiasts. (Yes I know it's all marketing, but still.)

Nemesis was the rollercoaster which inspired me to seek out and join Park Life (hands up who remembers that!) and ATA. It was in a class of its own compared to the coasters I'd been on before. I know now that it basically is in a class all of its own, full stop.

Incredible beast. Lets see how v2 compares.

This thread has gone crazy and I'm currently 13 pages behind. There have been a number of reports on some posts here. Considering they mostly centre around drifting off topic and/or being not overly nice to one-another, and that this seems to have self-resolved in the last few posts, can I please ask that from here on in we do in fact stay on topic and talking about Nemesis (not Efteling), and we just be kind to each other, that would be great.

Many thanks indeed. :)

Last edited:
Nice to see such an icon of Alton Towers history going out with a bang! (In its initial form, at least)

Thanks for the memories, Nemesis. You will be missed next season, but hereā€™s to you coming back even better in 2024!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.