• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
This of course assumes Blade limps on for yet another season. Surely that thing has used up all it's 2nd chances now..?

On a more serious note, if the location of the entrance was a problem they could move it fairly easily, either towards the old Ripsaw entrance or even reinstate part of the old Thunder Looper queue

On the topic of the possible new plot of the ride and of the backstory before, I was watching the Nemesis 21 event video of JW reading the Nemesis backstory in which even he mentions its a load of rubbish admittedly.

I do wonder that since all the Phalanx theming has been added lately and ofc the retcon we saw in NST for that preshow is that Wardley probably gave his blessing to the new creative team about changing things up about the plot?

Honestly, if he did find the original pitch of the plot of the ride silly then I could see him wanting to try and tweak it and maybe this whole overhaul is the best chance to do it and seeing as he has given his blessing this time to the guys working on Duel unlike the previous time in which he never got a mention, more than likely he might have thrown in a few ideas for the new Nemesis story going forward.

And on the topic of the new ride cars, would love to see them have the original concept art detail of the organic looking trains instead of the bog standard B&M trains, really would add an extra layer of character to the ride IMO. Suprise no one has brought that idea up yet.

And don't forget the infamous evening in Nick Varney's office back in 1993 where he and JW didn't leave the room until they had decided on a name for Nemesis (according to JW). I'd be surprised if he didn't have some sort of say on the back story too. So just because 20 years later, John laughs at the backstory doesn't mean he didn't have anything to do with it in the beginning.

Last edited:
Of course Nemesis premise (I don't think coasters need "plots") was silly. So is Oblivions. So is the Smilers. Furious Baco anyone? Why would the Beornan build a GCI wooden coaster rather than just chucking you inside a burning effigy themselves? Why would Batman commission a B&M invert in the middle of Gotham City? I have a lot of family in South Wales and they never entered any of the mines using a B&M dive coaster like Baron 1898 does.

They are excuses to make rollercoasters look cool through an overarching theme and in the case of Nemesis they excelled. They're important and need to be consistent with the kind of look and feel they're going for. But we're not talking about a graphic novel, movie or AAA game series here. They sat in that office with Southern Comfort that night and came up with a reason why a twisted B&M invert is located deep into a freshly blasted rock pit

Of course Nemesis premise (I don't think coasters need "plots") was silly. So is Oblivions. So is the Smilers. Furious Baco anyone? Why would the Beornan build a GCI wooden coaster rather than just chucking you inside a burning effigy themselves? Why would Batman commission a B&M invert in the middle of Gotham City? I have a lot of family in South Wales and they never entered any of the mines using a B&M dive coaster like Baron 1898 does.

They are excuses to make rollercoasters look cool through an overarching theme and in the case of Nemesis they excelled. They're important and need to be consistent with the kind of look and feel they're going for. But we're not talking about a graphic novel, movie or AAA game series here. They sat in that office with Southern Comfort that night and came up with a reason why a twisted B&M invert is located deep into a freshly blasted rock pit
They only decided the name in that office, the theme was decided before that.

Maybe they'll decide to sell of the parts to the public if they are getting new trains?
In other threads and a Facebook post I’ve posed the question;
How cool would it be if they used bits of the old track as theming?
Perhaps a few rows of some of the old trains also used perhaps to the effect of “Nemesis attacks riders, train crashes” etc. would be a golden opportunity theming wise, no?

In other threads and a Facebook post I’ve posed the question;
How cool would it be if they used bits of the old track as theming?
Perhaps a few rows of some of the old trains also used perhaps to the effect of “Nemesis attacks riders, train crashes” etc. would be a golden opportunity theming wise, no?
No chance they will theme a ride to a crash considering the Smiler accident is still fresh in people's memories.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.