• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Just jumping back a few pages to Nemesis's construction photos, can we appreciate that every track piece was pre-painted with all the weathered details. I can't think of many times a ride track has had a themed paint job straight from the factory. That's a commitment to detail I hope the new track follows.

Well it looks like my predicted timeline from a few months ago was spot on lol (told ya all!)

Personally, I think the best (and most likely) scenario is:

September 6th 2022: Duel closes
Fireworks 2022 (November): Original Nemesis operates for the last time, then closes.
Opening day 2023: Duel reopens under its new theme and name.
2O24: Retracked Nemesis reopens in time for its 30th birthday.

Just jumping back a few pages to Nemesis's construction photos, can we appreciate that every track piece was pre-painted with all the weathered details. I can't think of many times a ride track has had a themed paint job straight from the factory. That's a commitment to detail I hope the new track follows.
Would love them to repaint the track back to that colour, or in a similar manner. Really made the track looked like it was part of the creature.

L
Out of pure interest, what makes you reject the idea of a Smiler retrack with such certainty? Smiler is a very popular ride, it’s unique, you arguably couldn’t fit a more ambitious ride into the space, and it would surely be no more complicated to deconstruct and reconstruct than Nemesis, no? I know people talk about Smiler’s supports, but Nemesis’ supports are no picnic themselves; I believe that it’s already had supports replaced during its lifetime due to subsidence, and that pit is bound to be complicated to deconstruct and reconstruct supports within.

I don’t personally agree. I think it does have strong appeal with the public and could be seen as “iconic”. 9 years on from opening, 7 years on from the accident, and 4 years on from its successor as the park’s newest coaster opening, it does still seem to have considerable popularity and pull among the wider park visiting populace. It isn’t particularly new anymore, yet I’d argue that it is still among the park’s biggest draws for the wider park-visiting populace.
It crashed and severely injured riders to the point where they needed amputations. If it wasn't relatively new at that point it would have been torn down and shipped out to whoever would buy it.

It's anything but Iconic for that reason, the general public don't forget things like that I'm afraid.

Nemesis has done it's time, was a ground breaking ride in 1994 and really cemented Alton Towers as the UK's number one theme park. It's the parks one and only Icon

I’m thinking the announcement could be Sub-Terra related… remember that the park has already confirmed in the press releases that it’s reopening in 2024. Even the news articles stress that it’s reopening in 2024.

It's the most plausible option to me. They've already been like "look we've got a Duel re-theme coming", so it would make sense to advertise a new attraction for Sub Terra tonight, and then if new Retro Squad members come in they'll market those as new as well, which from a marketing perspective looks good if you're advertising you've got 3 new experiences of some kind for 2023. It is probably too early for a Nemesis re-opening announcement thinking about it, that's something they might want to start teasing Scarefest 2023.

What he meant was that those who experienced Nemesis during their childhood can't respect other rides the same as nemmy was their baby.
I like my mum, but I'm not disrespecting her by paying tribute to my 93 year old gran in her twilight years am I? Not sure why this has to be a Nemesis Vs Smiler thing all the time. This is Towers most iconic current coaster, on its closing day, in a Nemesis thread. Maybe when the Smiler falls apart in about 5 to 10 years time we can pay tribute to that in the Smiler thread. But for now, this is Nemesis' day.

Heard from a friend who's on-park that Nemmy is running really quick today, the last section was apparently really speedy and it almost went into the brakes too fast. She's pulling out all the stops for her last day!

Interesting, I'm on park myself and just stepped off Nemesis. My train did actually overshoot the brakes and complete a second circuit, closely behind the other train, which had fortunately already been dispatched. I informed the operator and they said it had never happened before in nearly thirty years of operation, but they would look into it. Looks like she's pulling out all the stops for her last day!

Last edited:
Interesting, I'm on park myself and just stepped off Nemesis. My train did actually overshoot the brakes and complete a second circuit, shortly behind the other train which had fortunately already been dispatched. I informed the operator and they said it had never happened before in nearly thirty years of operation, but they would look into it. Looks like she's pulling out all the stops for her last day!
It shows you that machines do have life and Nemesis is aware of her fate today. Kind of scary the more you think about if these rides have actual life to them...(black) magic of Alton Towers indeed.

Interesting, I'm on park myself and just stepped off Nemesis. My train did actually overshoot the brakes and complete a second circuit, closely behind the other train, which had fortunately already been dispatched. I informed the operator and they said it had never happened before in nearly thirty years of operation, but they would look into it. Looks like she's pulling out all the stops for her last day!

Meme Reaction GIF by Travis
;)

Anyway, Just seen this, have they started blocking off paths leading to Nemmy?

313123598_184330277508090_1250165108584657040_n.jpg

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.