• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Sadly it has become quite the thing as a new school class "icebreaker" activity.
Kids should be banned from all parks in termtime, or at least chained together in class groups.

I work in central London and there was a lot of school groups outside the theatre for the Lion King matinee on Wednesday this week. I'm guessing school trips aren't just for the summer anymore.

I work in central London and there was a lot of school groups outside the theatre for the Lion King matinee on Wednesday this week. I'm guessing school trips aren't just for the summer anymore.
When I went to Warwick castle march 10th this year on a Tuesday there was a very big primary school trip we spent the day avoiding because they were very roudy haha

Edit: not nemesis related sorry

After the initial long queue times first thing Nemesis was between 5 and 20 minutes for most of the day today. Managed to get my final two rides on Nemesis 1.0. and the old girl still has it by the barrow load. I'd planned on 4 or 5 rides but the second one absolutely knocked me for six.

Just hope there isn’t going to be lots of barging in when the ride host tries to close the gate. It’s not like it’s permanently closing after all. It’ll also be a bit different to Duel because I’d imagine more people will want a ride, and it’ll have been a much longer day for the staff, what with it being a 9pm close.

Getting the last ride is a bit daft really. You can guarantee the ride hosts will get a ride when everyone's gone, and I'm sure the technical services team will boot it up themselves later for one more as well
I think enthusiasts thrive for that bragging rights of 'I was on the first or last public train' of whatever ride, nemesis even more so it's such an iconic and beloved ride that's had a fantastic run, probably Britain's most iconic ride a 1994 John Wardley classic.

When it comes back in 2024 I wouldn't be surprised if enthusiasts book the hotel just to get through those hotel gates and be the first riders on its first train open to the public.

I've always been very intrigued by theme parks and only in recent years making very regular visits and indulging in merch, posters etc. And even I'm tempted to try and attempt to get a first/second train credit on project exodus if or when that opens.

I wouldn't be surprised if to prevent everybody trying to get the last ride in and flowing through when they are trying to close the gate they may well just close it at a random point in the day for 'technical reasons' and then just not reopen it. Saves all the hassle for the ride staff.

I wouldn't be surprised if to prevent everybody trying to get the last ride in and flowing through when they are trying to close the gate they may well just close it at a random point in the day for 'technical reasons' and then just not reopen it. Saves all the hassle for the ride staff.
Or they could close off the pathway a short distance from the queue entrance just before ride close. That would enable to close the queue on time

I really hope Nemesis is open for the running event at Towers, just to see the look on people's faces who thought they had the last ride.

I don't see why it wouldn't be, 6th November is the closing date as it is the last day of the main season. I don't see a problem in it opening for a private hire event (even if you can pay to get in still).

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.