• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Nemesis Reborn: Construction and Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Could this be some of Nemesis' new track? Not convinced but it looks like inverted coaster track.
Screenshot_2022-11-26-19-05-22-036_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg

That's my concern too. . .

Factory fresh track vs 28 year old track, they won't just be able to throw a coat over the brake run and lift hill and expect it to look the same.

Unless they can media blast them in situe and start a fresh.

Same with all the air equipment/tanks for the brakes, surely its all coming off for refurbishment.
🤞
I wouldn't worry too much about it, during it's 2016 or 2017 (if I remember the date) restoration by Towers Loving Care they did blast the track back to bare metal to apply the new paint on so they have done this before and in theory it should blend well, just a question of what colour it'll be.

Well I did hear rumours somewhere that the track could be black...
Can you think of any other B&M's being built which have black track? Can't think of any off the top of my head.
Honestly, I hope this isn't Nemesis' track because I definitely prefer the colour scheme now to the black colour scheme in the picture.

Can you think of any other B&M's being built which have black track? Can't think of any off the top of my head.
Honestly, I hope this isn't Nemesis' track because I definitely prefer the colour scheme now to the black colour scheme in the picture.
Not really, no. Only one I can think of is Black Mamba at Phantasialand, but I don't think that is being re-tracked.

Red track I could believe (shame on me to say this but red track and black supports always looks beautiful for me and might suit Nemesis) but black track I don't want for Nemesis...

...HA! I GOT IT ON WHAT THE TRACK IS FOR! Smiler is being secretly retracked into a B&M for it's 10th anniversary next year! :p

Shared with permission from the developers, these are screenshots of Virtual Towers Online's Nemmy with a black colour scheme. Would take some getting used to in real life, that's for sure!

HighresScreenshot00000.png

HighresScreenshot00001.png

Shared with permission from the developers, these are screenshots of Virtual Towers Online's Nemmy with a black colour scheme. Would take some getting used to in real life, that's for sure!

HighresScreenshot00000.png

HighresScreenshot00001.png
John Candy No GIF by Laff

But what about red track and black supports then?

Would it be a bit early to start painting track at this point? 🤔 but please not another black track coaster from Merlin!
No not really, obviously there is a lot more track to manufacture so that particular piece will probably be sat there for a while yet. It will likely take a month or more to ship here once it does finally leave there. So yeah, that is probably New Nemesis track, and those RAL codes indeed being the new colour scheme.

No not really, obviously there is a lot more track to manufacture so that particular piece will probably be sat there for a while yet. It will likely take a month or more to ship here once it does finally leave there. So yeah, that is probably New Nemesis track, and those RAL codes indeed being the new colour scheme.
What RAL codes

I have a potential alternative explanation; if the black track is Nemesis track, could the black paint be a primer coat that was applied before adding the final coat of paint?

I know that rides are quite often painted in a primer coat that’s a more monochrome colour before they add their final coat of paint, so perhaps that’s what is happening here?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.