• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

Reading around the bush, I'm guessing they're American? And they're trying to say a rollercoaster rebuild in the UK was a conspiracy that clearly was very clear and transparent, pretty much the whole time?

Hmm it's probably one of the tamer conspiracies they believe...
No I believe he's British. Tempted to reply asking if he thinks the earth is flat!

I mean I know companies worldwide do waste money on unnecessary projects, but knowing Merlin would they really waste about £14m (the rumoured cost) on this project just because original Nemesis wasn't one of their installations? He mentions in previous replies that he saw test results online and that Nemesis was not as bad as they made out and was perfectly safe. To a degree he was right, because it wasn't due to be closed for safety reasons but Merlin cut their losses with it and decided to rebuild it.

1715508392899.png

By the way, this was all in response to a post someone put on Facebook where they said the ride experience wasn't the same and implies the "persistent vibration" doesn't help. Many replies saying what does the poster expect? It's an identical ride; nothing has changed layout-wise. Others saying it's much smoother and the fact there is no headbanging as you enter various elements means its a much better experience and they can put up with - in the grand scheme of things - seemingly random vibrations/rattles here and there. And I tend to agree.

No I believe he's British. Tempted to reply asking if he thinks the earth is flat!

I mean I know companies worldwide do waste money on unnecessary projects, but knowing Merlin would they really waste about £14m (the rumoured cost) on this project just because original Nemesis wasn't one of their installations? He mentions in previous replies that he saw test results online and that Nemesis was not as bad as they made out and was perfectly safe. To a degree he was right, because it wasn't due to be closed for safety reasons but Merlin cut their losses with it and decided to rebuild it.

1715508392899.png

By the way, this was all in response to a post someone put on Facebook where they said the ride experience wasn't the same and implies the "persistent vibration" doesn't help. Many replies saying what does the poster expect? It's an identical ride; nothing has changed layout-wise. Others saying it's much smoother and the fact there is no headbanging as you enter various elements means its a much better experience and they can put up with - in the grand scheme of things - seemingly random vibrations/rattles here and there. And I tend to agree.

95020d587c22c5c4dbe7c2f68200a083.jpg

If I’m remembering correctly, I think the person you’re referring to may well be a member on here… as I seem to remember someone talking on here about having seen positive structural test results for Nemesis and telling people to do their research on steel about a year back…

If I’m remembering correctly, I think the person you’re referring to may well be a member on here… as I seem to remember someone talking on here about having seen positive structural test results for Nemesis and telling people to do their research on steel about a year back…
Thing is, it probably wasn't just the structural side of things but other factors that played a part. Other bits of equipment would've been wearing out, or simply couldn't be updated and needed replacing so there was no one thing that made Merlin make a decision but a combination of everything.

Most of the concerns I believe were around the footers for the loop area on the side of the rockface. It was also getting more unreliable, with 3 obvious faults in the final season having to be reset constantly (maybe didn't fix as it was confirmed to be going?)

I don't think a ride getting 3.5Gs worth of stress on certain pieces every minute for 8 hours a day, 9.5 months a year, 28 years in a row in a damp pit is suprising to be beginning to reach EoL.

Last edited:
I agree, after riding it again I think that the rattle at the end is caused by the covers and I sat one time on train 2 row 6, I think one of the wheels are not right, leaving and entering the station there was a noticeable vibration, not constant but repetitive, then it got stronger throughout the layout, it was quite uncomfortable

I agree, after riding it again I think that the rattle at the end is caused by the covers and I sat one time on train 2 row 6, I think one of the wheels are not right, leaving and entering the station there was a noticeable vibration, not constant but repetitive, then it got stronger throughout the layout, it was quite uncomfortable
on train two you definitely notice the train vibrating which I’m sure it never did previously, and that’s the old track so it must be a train issue.

So, I am at Towers today and have managed 5 rides on Nemesis already! I’m in the queue for number 6.

I must agree with what people are saying - it’s absolutely flying round. I’ve managed the front, row four and the back row with the back row definitely causing some rattle.

it’s definitely feeling like Nemesis pre-closure 😁

I had my first rides on this at the weekend and I was really impressed by the retheme, it looks absolutely stunning.

However I was a bit surprised by the length of the queue line. Whilst it’s not exactly Zadra it does seem like quite a long walk round, especially when the ride is on a quite short wait time later in the day. How does the queue length now compare to the original one and was Reborn’s queue line made a bit longer than it needed to be because they wanted to add lots of theming items to walk around?

I had my first rides on this at the weekend and I was really impressed by the retheme, it looks absolutely stunning.

However I was a bit surprised by the length of the queue line. Whilst it’s not exactly Zadra it does seem like quite a long walk round, especially when the ride is on a quite short wait time later in the day. How does the queue length now compare to the original one and was Reborn’s queue line made a bit longer than it needed to be because they wanted to add lots of theming items to walk around?
If I’m correct they’ve basically used what was the previous ‘extended’ queue line. I wonder if they open parts of it on very quiet days to prevent people having to walk the full way round?