• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

In the same boat as you, after they kicked everyone out of the queue I saw the train stuck on the lift hill made it back safely. Did they let anyone back on? This was after 8pm at this point.
Edit: I am seeing reports that after kicking everyone out even those who waited patiently during the evacuation for over 45 minutes they may have re-opened briefly for those that were hanging around, can anyone confirm this? This would have been well after 8pm at this point.

Edit: I am seeing reports that after kicking everyone out even those who waited patiently during the evacuation for over 45 minutes they may have re-opened briefly for those that were hanging around, can anyone confirm this? This would have been well after 8pm at this point.
I heard it went round but no riders were on it

I didn’t go today and kinda glad I made that decision. As good as Nemmie looks, I would have not wanted to spend 4 hours in a queue for a ride I have ridden hundreds of times since it opened in 1993. However, those getting to the park entrance for 0630 just shows the amount of love the ride has.

Does make you wonder how popular AT would actually be if Nemmie had not been rebuilt.

Last edited:
I think having the shop as the only place to get anything Nemesis today was a poor move. Like yes, I guess the 2 hour queue alleviated some visitors away from queues, but it was way too long to dedicate time to visit. I went at 8pm and there was no stock of the bolts left. Towers Trading should have had some merch.

They essentially turned Bunker 94 into an attraction today. I also heard and saw (unconfirmed) that the shop was operating a RAP queue which frankly is strange itself.

That said, the park did a great job today, I'm sure some people were very nervous when waking this morning.

There were about 90 guests left in the queue by the time they got it running again, they then resumed operation to run off what was left.

We were lucky enough to get on it at about 20:25, still an incredible ride in the dark

There were about 90 guests left in the queue by the time they got it running again, they then resumed operation to run off what was left.

We were lucky enough to get on it at about 20:25, still an incredible ride in the dark
Completely out of order we were right by the fast track entrance and the staff came up and pulled us out having been in the queue since 6pm. I didn't want to complain today as it was a good day but that is really really bad.

There was a huge cheer about 20:10 ish maybe just after. I was at the car and thought what is going on.

That's when they got it moving again, those of us left cheered.

Such an atmosphere today in the area, the gun is a bit odd and might suit a few small design choices to make it less boxy, plus the area needs to grow in (not much they can do there) but it looks and rides fantastic.

That's when they got it moving again, those of us left cheered.

Such an atmosphere today in the area, the gun is a bit odd and might suit a few small design choices to make it less boxy, plus the area needs to grow in (not much they can do there) but it looks and rides fantastic.
They kicked everyone out, the staff literally walked up to behind the helicopter and told us that was it and we were near the front. Glad you got on it but kicking people out who had waited 2 hours and were at the front is beyond disgusting.

More likely to have been an external company than MMM - they drive the creative vision/theme, but the design of hardware etc. is usually outsourced.
MMM don't just conceptualise, they implement and deliver as well.

The team at Studios North were responsible for delivering the eye. Of course the screen would have been purchased, rather than made in-house, but it was still up to them to find the supplier and integrate it with the themeing and claw mechanism.

That’s bad

They should just wrap tentacles and flesh over it I guessing they ran out of time, but from what I can see that’s the only cheap piece of theming as the rest is to a really high standard. As the ride passes over It does interact well with the added audio who knows more theming, upgrades and painting might be added over time.

As for the upkeep of effects and as funny as the jokes are towards the old Merlin management, which is completely understandable. We can see with Galactica portal, Oblivion’s smoke, Big Bob’s fire & smoke affects, Rapids waterfalls, Curse Que like and ride itself Etc. It’s seems new management see things like effects and immersion are a priority. I don’t think we need to worry like we did anymore, it almost feels like a new era on the horizon…

I’m quite proud to take international friends to this park again now. We just need Hex, Sky ride a few new flats all of which are in the process and just this progression of immersion to continue throughout all the lands, I have no doubt Alton towers are going in the right direction and will be a world class and unique Theme park to be proud of again.

Well done Alton towers your back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was lucky enough to have my first ride on reborn today as a night ride. Row 6 so near the back. It was insane! So much speed, and to me it felt super smooth.

So impressed with the theming and effort put into this. It looks gorgeous at night. Hopefully they keep it in good condition. I feel for everyone who got evacuated, but overall it’s been an amazing first day for it.

Managed to take this from near the end of the queue line too.

IMG_1081.jpeg

Wow looks like War of the worlds 🩸still hoping for the waterfalls one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've not got plans to go to Towers any time soon, but will get there eventually. From what I've seen online and in the media - Merlin have done an absolutely fantastic job. I don't know what to call what they have done... a reskin? a retheme? a glow-up? no matter what it is, it isn't a new ride... it's Nemesis! I do love the new effects, and the fact that a very high proportion of the GP will think this is a completely new attraction requires praise for the Merlin marketing behemoth.

The ride looks stunning (bar the red vein), and the effects - particularly the eye - are insane. I have a massive concern though - will Towers look after it? When effects break, will they fix them? They might get away with smoke from the bus not working, but if the eye breaks - it ill just look dumb. Equally, the finish to the attraction is high quality - but the colours and paints used will require it to be kept clean to look its best. Someone in the know please tell me that there is a proper maintainace budget for the attraction and a provision for a jet wash every few months.