• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

I understand that this may have been frustrating in this situation but I felt definitely yesterday it was a lot of people’s first days in a new job. I can imagine that might have led to the false evac - or unclear procedure with the new ride.

I have previously worked for Merlin, I've been a new employee on brand new and relaunched attractions. Staff training for queue line evacuations has always been crystal clear. Staff undergo hours physical training in addition to reading the ride manual before being assessed by management.

It was pretty clear that the ride operator did not make the decision to empty the queue line, there was a pretty constant set of PA's from the operator advising guests to ride other things, since they weren't entirely sure how long Nemesis might be out of action for (it is standard procedure across Merlin to advise a queue line full of guests to leave for other rides and check back later rather than kick everyone out, unless it's super clear to the ride team that a ride won't be back in operation for a while). The queue line evac was carried out by a few team members who weren't operating the ride. It's entirely possible that they weren't familiar with the procedures, but as is often asked by management, when in doubt always ask!

Threatening perfectly civil park guests who travelled a great distance to ride Nemesis after dark with forced removal from the queue line is very poor customer service, and isn't condoned by management. If a ride host is to call management, they should do it without arguing directly with a guest. It's unprofessional conduct, and it looks awful to other guests. During an authorized queue line evacuation, management themselves attend to support ride hosts in clearing the queue line. Priority Ride Passes are then handed to guests as part of the guest recovery efforts.

Last edited:
Somehow I don't believe you.
I only got my Big One wheel because my wife was there on the night, under the usual influence of...
One coaster for Rob, one beer for me.
Back on topic, for this old timer viewing from a distance, this was a successful new ride opening...usually silly queues (you bloody fools, but none of you would have missed it).
Looking forward to a sneaky visit before or just after the school holidays.
Another Sun 2 tickets offer has just started for any tightfisted thoosies out there desperate for another cheap ride.

Despite the fact that the pipe is already leaking, the fact there’s running water actually going through them is a positive sign of the waterfalls returning imminently, surely?

From: https://x.com/thrill_nation/status/1769374247162356125?s=46&t=yO1yBjvLsYAwa_Hl7yMQvA

I was there today, that pipe goes under the path then outputs onto the road/path you walk to towers.

Overall I love the new forbiden valley, the helecopter looks really good and adds something along with the eye, (the speaker system when standing infront of the eye is amazing), the 3 downsides In my opinion is: the turnarround helecopter could do with tenticles pulling it down to the ground to add theming and to hide the support (rarther than a vine), the numbers in the station is spelled out with vines on a vain thing it is a bit hard to read and the gun needs some parts added like some lights that react with the sound & coaster and some fake vents and wires would do wonders but those are quite minor problems considering the scale of things

Last edited:
So my thoughts on Nemesis reborn.

Headline is it’s a fantastic reimagining of Nemesis and the whole package is really good.

The good:

1) Valley feels like a themed area again, the entrance portal isn’t as x-sector as I feared, it adds a great vibe to entering the area.

2) I was skeptical about the big helicopter but it really does work.

3) The new station exterior is amazing.

4) The eye is fantastic.

5) The lighting and smoke around the area are really well done.

6) The interior station theming and dispatch sequence is really well done and kudos to Towers for keeping that a secret.

7) The music is atmospheric and keeps the origional theme.

The less good.

1) The small helicopter within the pre-loop turn looks a bit naff, particularly the rock work.

2) No waterfalls though there is new piping so that might be coming.

3) The big gun, I liked the sound effects but it looks cheaply built. The only thing I will say is it looks like it’s not finished so it might have more coming.

4) It’s not rough but it has a weird rattle in the last third of the ride.

5) It’s sequencing has slowed down dispatches (train doesn’t enter the station until the previous train has fully left the station unlike before, and the floor doesn’t rise until the train has stopped whereas before it came up as the train was parking).

6) The queue fencing is naff and although I like the new views of the ride seeing the car park takes you out of the immersion a bit.

With the flat next year and IF Merlin fund a theme update of Galactica then FV could be the most well rounded themed area in the UK and actually hold its head high against the average European competition.

Got to love term time days for lack of queues but sometimes I notice you don't get all the full works like smoke effects on oblivion.

I feel like there has to be some sort of middle ground when it comes to picking days when you get all of the effects but less queues then peak time.

I did notice this too, could it be as a result of being a new ride wearing in the track and smoothing it out over a bit of time?

Doubt it. I suspect it is something that needs adjusting on the train. New bits of machinery always need slight adjustments when new. Especially after being used for a short period of time.

Last edited: