• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

As previously discussed, this was mainly a thoosie event, tied to the first day of the new season.
Far shorter queues from day two were expected by many.

Of course but I thought it was interesting it was lower than many of the other rides too. Hopefully a sign of improved throughput already and a much needed capacity boost.

Apparently the queue was down to 20 minutes at points yesterday, lower than most of the other big rides!

This is true, we waited less than 20 at around midday however by the time we'd got off (and after a brief chat with people queuing for the shop) we went round again and it had jumped to at least an hour - seems that as soon as they dropped the queue time on the app everyone who wasn't stuck in one of the other queues rushed over.

Apart from Oblivion, pretty much every other major coaster had queues of at least an hour at times, though I don't think any of them were on full capacity.

Well I certainly never expected to queue 4 and a half hours for Nemesis, but that is what happened on Saturday morning. I think it turns out that we got to the back of the queue at pretty much the worst possible time, but oh well, just one of those things!

Now for some of my thoughts of Nemesis Reborn, aka Nemmy Reebs:

Positive
  • Forbidden Valley as a whole is looking brilliant. From the new entrance portal to the additional theming, the reworked and new buildings to Nemesis itself. It's all fantastic and very cohesive. I was worried it might all be a tad X-Sector but it's not
  • The big helicopter up near Sub-Terra is great! Very impressive looking, the aerial photos we saw previously do not do it justice at all
  • The eye. Need I say any more?
  • Nemesis itself was riding pretty well, there is a bit of a rattle but hopefully this is due to wheels/wheel assemblies more than anything else. It certainly felt like riding Nemesis, the forces were there
  • I didn't get to see it at night due as I bailed to the hotels due to the weather, but from the photos and videos I have seen it looked pretty spectacular
  • I love that some of the effects, such as the gun, smoke by the eye and bus go off when the train passed
  • The inside of the station has been improved drastically, and Towers kept this very under wraps, so that was a lovely surprise
Negative
  • The gun in the queue is clearly a fairly last minute addition as it really has been done on the cheap and it's not going to last long before it rots away. Really at odds with the rest of the theming which is high quality
  • No waterfalls, but from what I could see I think these will be back in time
  • The new soundtrack is great, but not quite as atmospheric as the original. Bits of it sounded similar to the Alty Mans soundtrack to me. Not a negative per say, more of an observation
  • Bit of the queue do still look messy, but I am sure this will get sorted in the coming weeks. It would not have been a priority, understandably so
  • Fencing. Lots of horrible black fencing. Not a fan of the fencing style they went for, and the tops of the "spikes" can actually be quite sharp
Overall, Alton Towers have done an incredible job with this project. It has given Nemesis a complete new lease of life and Forbidden Valley is better than ever before. I'm hopeful for a Galactica re-theme next year along with the new flat to round off the area. If this is the new standard to expect going forward, then I am excited!

Well I certainly never expected to queue 4 and a half hours for Nemesis, but that is what happened on Saturday morning. I think it turns out that we got to the back of the queue at pretty much the worst possible time, but oh well, just one of those things!

Now for some of my thoughts of Nemesis Reborn, aka Nemmy Reebs:

Positive
  • Forbidden Valley as a whole is looking brilliant. From the new entrance portal to the additional theming, the reworked and new buildings to Nemesis itself. It's all fantastic and very cohesive. I was worried it might all be a tad X-Sector but it's not
  • The big helicopter up near Sub-Terra is great! Very impressive looking, the aerial photos we saw previously do not do it justice at all
  • The eye. Need I say any more?
  • Nemesis itself was riding pretty well, there is a bit of a rattle but hopefully this is due to wheels/wheel assemblies more than anything else. It certainly felt like riding Nemesis, the forces were there
  • I didn't get to see it at night due as I bailed to the hotels due to the weather, but from the photos and videos I have seen it looked pretty spectacular
  • I love that some of the effects, such as the gun, smoke by the eye and bus go off when the train passed
  • The inside of the station has been improved drastically, and Towers kept this very under wraps, so that was a lovely surprise
Negative
  • The gun in the queue is clearly a fairly last minute addition as it really has been done on the cheap and it's not going to last long before it rots away. Really at odds with the rest of the theming which is high quality
  • No waterfalls, but from what I could see I think these will be back in time
  • The new soundtrack is great, but not quite as atmospheric as the original. Bits of it sounded similar to the Alty Mans soundtrack to me. Not a negative per say, more of an observation
  • Bit of the queue do still look messy, but I am sure this will get sorted in the coming weeks. It would not have been a priority, understandably so
  • Fencing. Lots of horrible black fencing. Not a fan of the fencing style they went for, and the tops of the "spikes" can actually be quite sharp
Overall, Alton Towers have done an incredible job with this project. It has given Nemesis a complete new lease of life and Forbidden Valley is better than ever before. I'm hopeful for a Galactica re-theme next year along with the new flat to round off the area. If this is the new standard to expect going forward, then I am excited!
Very fair observations. Most notably, I was also very impressed with the effects where the eye and bus are timed with the passing of the ride car. That suddenly occurred to me as not being a co-incidence as I spent more time around it as the day went on. I can be very cynical and critical about Towers at times, but I was genuinely impressed with what they've done with the ride and area. I would say that John Burton and everyone else involved have something to be proud of. I absolutely love the queueline reaching right around the back of the ride again. That has been missed sooooo much!

Even on opening day, the teeth movement thing was pretty infrequent at times. I'm not actually sure if they're meant to be pretty much constantly working. Maybe the people reporting them not working just turned up at a time between them activating? It's hard to be sure without knowing how often they're supposed to be moving. Maybe they have stopped working though? Hard to tell without standing there for 15 minutes or whatever, I suppose.

Not been yet, but when it’s back to being quiet (see today it’s at 5 mins) will you still have to walk the full length of the queueline or are there any shortcuts? Will it give Zadra a run for its money?