• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

The mad thing is that they could have charged £200 (and maybe thrown in pizza and pasta buffet or a pop badge) and some fan boys and girls would have still paid it. I don't really get what this 'event' is other than a Q&A. Many nerd enthusiast organisations arrange these for a much more affordable cost.
There is also the option for £265 to get lunch, freestyle drinks, merch, entry, express car parking and photopass.

Not sure what there is to "get" its a talk from John W, John B and Bianca plus a chance to meet them and fasttrack for the day.

There is also the option for £265 to get lunch, freestyle drinks, merch, entry, express car parking and photopass.

Not sure what there is to "get" its a talk from John W, John B and Bianca plus a chance to meet them and fasttrack for the day.
What I don't get is how this can:
1. Be deemed a VIP experience when some of these participants have done many Q&A's/ talks previously for a much lower cost, and I am certain they will in the future.
2. How the cost can be justified for what they are offering. Clearly they have 'thrown in' the FastTrack simply to bump up the perceived value. Also, it is not 'FastTrack for the day', it is one fast track per ride.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. But I just cant "get" how this can possibly be worth £120 (or £265) in most peoples books. I feel Towers is going down the route of profiteering to the max. That is my opinion anyway.

What I don't get is how this can:
1. Be deemed a VIP experience when some of these participants have done many Q&A's/ talks previously for a much lower cost, and I am certain they will in the future.
2. How the cost can be justified for what they are offering. Clearly they have 'thrown in' the FastTrack simply to bump up the perceived value. Also, it is not 'FastTrack for the day', it is one fast track per ride.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. But I just cant "get" how this can possibly be worth £120 (or £265) in most peoples books. I feel Towers is going down the route of profiteering to the max. That is my opinion anyway.
Everyones price threashold is different for all sorts of different things. Some people would get why a loaf of sourdough bread is £5 when mass-produced white is 45p. Some people will choose to go to this event, some people won't (they might go to the one Attraction Source is doing in April, although they haven't announced details on what is included, others might go to an RCCGB event).
I think the reason that fasttrack is included is because other similar events would include exclusive ride time before or after park open/close, but they've decided its easier just to give fasttrack than to try and have a time just for event guests.
Yes its not really a "VIP" thing, but its just how the park is choosing to describe the extra experiances, doing a lift hill walk isn't really "VIP" either.

I'd far prefer they make their bundles of cash by charging extortionate rates for Fast Tracks (currently oversold and too cheap), ride bolts, £100 hoodies made in China, and meet 'n greet events, as all these are optional extras than can be avoided by average punters and aren't integral to a good solid visit. Most people can walk on by and get on with their day.

Far better than selling season passes for £60 paid for with savage cuts to the experience, replacing included attractions with upcharges, £600 per night stays in grotty hotel rooms (no matter how much 'free' squash they give out in the summer), and inedible burgers at flat ripoff prices.

Purley hypothetical of course as capitalism isn't binary like that, but you get the gist.

Last edited:

You've got to pay those people to be there, the industry is not a charity for them. Is it worth £150 to go and see the Rolling Stones? To me no, but to fans of course it is. Same thing.

John Wardly is our rock star.

Doesn’t bode well, after switching to one train late yesterday. Hopefully they get it fixed in time for the weekend!
I would argue that it does bode well. As some have mentioned there is a curious rattle which needs resolving ASAP. It doesn’t make it rough but it didnt do it before.

Hopefully they are resolving that for one train then they will swap and do the other.