• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

Some work today going on by the queue adjacent to the car park.

From: https://x.com/logancolley2005/status/1775526290897936789?s=46

I can almost hear the sound of an HGV driver tapping Alton's postcode into his Satnav, whilst a forklift places a shipping container onto the top of his flat bed.

Meanwhile, John Burton is rummaging through paint stencils. "Oh this is a good one, it's John Wardley's date of birth and national insurance number. The Thoosies will love this new piece of theming if we simply cover the Mayersk logo with this using some of that Halfords spray paint we have left over".

I am pretty sure they are used on other coaster, (it is normally to warm the grease and keep it warm on cold days) I am pretty sure galactica has them, I am not sure if they were a late addition or are intended on warming the station but above the bag cages there are heaters pointed at the track (each station only has 1 side being heated which may sudgest it is for station heating)
It's been a while since I looked, but I always assumed those heaters were for staff comfort, rather than any technical reason.
.... and as I type that I realise how impossible it sounds that money would be spent on such a thing....

I rode Nemesis Reborn for the first time a week ago tomorrow, and I found it to be rough. I was on the third row at the end on the right-hand side. Has anyone else experienced this?

It's been a while since I looked, but I always assumed those heaters were for staff comfort, rather than any technical reason.
.... and as I type that I realise how impossible it sounds that money would be spent on such a thing....
yeah, I am not sure though because they are only on one side so they would have to run 2 station opperation swapping sides to get both sets of wheels warm, unless if warming 1 set is enough?

These queueline works adjacent to the carpark just show Alton repeating history again - ride not fully finished for opening day, but they were hell-bent on having it open on day 1 of season (& taking the associated downtime hit with the ride itself).

Oblivion - X-Sector was nowhere near ready on time - the block pavers were still whacking the sand into the paving when guests were sprinting into the area (half an hour later than they should have been). Planting beds on the Oblivion queueline were still full of building materials (including things like angle-grinder discs) when the queue opened. Ride reliability in the first season was dire.

Air - pretty much a repeat of the above. The Air end of Forbidden Valley was not ready & nor was the ride properly ready. Reliability in the first season was pretty dire.

Nemesis Reborn - the entire re-theme is not complete and some aspects, most notably the gun. look like they were done on the absolute cheap. There are clearly rattling issues on one of the two trains. The complete queueline is not finished in terms of aesthetics.

When will Towers learn?

These queueline works adjacent to the carpark just show Alton repeating history again - ride not fully finished for opening day, but they were hell-bent on having it open on day 1 of season (& taking the associated downtime hit with the ride itself).

Oblivion - X-Sector was nowhere near ready on time - the block pavers were still whacking the sand into the paving when guests were sprinting into the area (half an hour later than they should have been). Planting beds on the Oblivion queueline were still full of building materials (including things like angle-grinder discs) when the queue opened. Ride reliability in the first season was dire.

Air - pretty much a repeat of the above. The Air end of Forbidden Valley was not ready & nor was the ride properly ready. Reliability in the first season was pretty dire.

Nemesis Reborn - the entire re-theme is not complete and some aspects, most notably the gun. look like they were done on the absolute cheap. There are clearly rattling issues on one of the two trains. The complete queueline is not finished in terms of aesthetics.

When will Towers learn?

Never. It is more valuable in having the ride open day one than it is having it open a month later fully finished.

Yep but this time it does seem that they are going back to finish things off. Positive step I guess.
Indeed, in contrast to Thirteen which looks worse now with the scaffolding covers blown off and exposing the metal building. You'd think by now they'd do something for it but alas...

At least Nemesis does seem to be getting work on it throughout this year thankfully.

From after the first corkscrew to the end there was a lot of rattle and shaking, which unfortunately was the same yesterday. I think both instances were the trains apposed to the track so hopefully they can sort out the problems they're having at the moment.
Not had that experience on Nemesis in 2022. Any row…. Must have been a bad day at the office.

I've never found it rough, well I wouldn't describe it as rough anyway. I would say it feels more forceful and intense when compared to the other coasters they have there yes. Not sure how smooth you can physically get a rollercoaster anyway? At the end of the day it has no suspension or inflatable tyres so you're limited as to what you can do. The excess energy from the forces created have to go somewhere.

People expecting a modern experience on Nemesis are probably barking up the wrong tree, the ride has been replaced like for like so effectively it is still a product of it's time which is 30 years ago. If you imagine the train going round the helix then imagine the amount of weight that is not directly sat supported on a track, then the speed it has and the G force created it's a miracle it's as smooth as it is.

Let's be honest, there aren't really any coasters at Towers that can be considered "rough". Wickerman rides like a woodie, the Smiler is rough in parts, Rita can sometimes be a bit uncomfortable. But we're not talking Baco or Grand National here.

The way "roughness" is talked about sometimes makes me wonder why some are interested in rollercoasters in the first place? Today's coasters, even the Gerstlauers, are like riding clouds compared to what it was like years ago. It's only really a problem when it either causes pain, or discomfort that detracts from the ride experience. The new Nemesis rattly vibrations aren't what I would consider rough as such, they just don't feel all that pleasant on a coaster where they weren't present in any form before.

Old Nemesis was never rough in the grand scheme of things. A few jolts over the inversions, but quite remarkably smooth for how old it was and for what it was designed to do. Dragon Kahn is a year newer, and it's the most violently jolty B&M I've ever ridden. No escape from the sudden thumps and head banging. All you had to do on original Nemesis was hold your head forward and tense your neck through 3 of the inversions.

The way "roughness" is talked about sometimes makes me wonder why some are interested in rollercoasters in the first place? Today's coasters, even the Gerstlauers, are like riding clouds compared to what it was like years ago
I’ve said this before and people just waffle on about the fact Smiler was apparently built poorly because there’s a couple jolts🙄. You know it’s not like it’s one of the most compact rides in the world and building it in the first place would be very difficult. What did you expect exactly it wasn’t going to be butter smooth. At least Gerstlauer had the balls to attempt it B&M would never

I’ve said this before and people just waffle on about the fact Smiler was apparently built poorly because there’s a couple jolts🙄. You know it’s not like it’s one of the most compact rides in the world and building it in the first place would be very difficult. What did you expect exactly it wasn’t going to be butter smooth. At least Gerstlauer had the balls to attempt it B&M would never

It was sheding bolts.....SHEDING bolts in its first few months. If that doesn't tell you how shoddy it was put together then I don't know what will. It has NOTHING to do with the "couple" of jolts. Everything to do with the fact it was put together in a very shoddy way, the fact it was shedding bolts tells you alot about the crap construction methods and the crap ride manufacturer.

There was also the track piece they put in the wrong way round.

Not Gerstlauer's fault really, but more the construction company chosen. That being said the state of Saw warned us greatly.