• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

From recent pictures regarding earthworks around the pump, it does seem more certain that the waterfalls look likely to return...either blood or just water, having them working again will be very welcomed to give Forbidden Valley more kinetic energy.
I'm not getting my hopes up because on the Sunday of opening weekend, the blue pipes we've seen on the ground and the valve near the queue fence was pumping water out of the pit and it was running out onto the carpark. This was because it had rained heavily overnight. So I wouldn't be surprised if the work we've seen in the past couple of days is to make that pipework permanent so not needing that temporary blue pipe.

I'm not getting my hopes up because on the Sunday of opening weekend, the blue pipes we've seen on the ground and the valve near the queue fence was pumping water out of the pit and it was running out onto the carpark. This was because it had rained heavily overnight. So I wouldn't be surprised if the work we've seen in the past couple of days is to make that pipework permanent so not needing that temporary blue pipe.

Hopefully all part of the same job.

Not seen it in person yet but the whole area is missing the waterfalls badly

Not seen it in person yet but the whole area is missing the waterfalls badly
It is and it isn't in my mind. If Reborn was just a like for like replacement and nothing new added theming-wise then yes, they would be missed. But with everything else added and going on in the area, I personally don't really miss them. Yes, it would be awesome if they came back but if they don't then it's not the end of the world.

To the waterfalls (blood or otherwise) really sold the idea that the pit was ripped into the earth by Nemesis. So much of the new theming is about bringing motion to the area, the waterfalls would really be the icing on the cake, the loop dropping into a muddy puddle isn’t the same!

I think it’s highly likely they are working on bringing back the waterfalls.

If they had binned them off then I would have expected more to have been done with the channels and pit to make them look better and not just a muddy puddle as we have now. Given the effort put into the rest of the project this seems an outlier, so I suspect the waterfalls will return - or at least that’s the current plan anyway.

Most people wouldn't really see them either for any meaningful amount of time would they, apart from maybe the final bit of queueline into the station. Only RAP & Fastrack queue down into the pit nowadays so most of the watery fun would be missed by most. I think.
Pretty much. The new queue seems designed for the purpose of viewing the pit from above. The first view above by the corkscrew is great but you wouldn't see much blood from there. The last bit of it is brilliant, which makes sense as other than busy days it'll be the only part you'll actually be waiting in the longest, but again you'd only see them briefly or for the last 10 mins or so.

Everything in between those bits is dull. An access road, an incredibly cheap looking gun, views of the car park, a shipping container and the same repeated view of the first drop and lift hill. You would see where they originate and go into the pit under the first drop I suppose, but since you're not actually in the pit with them thundering around you anymore, the original intention would be lost.

It would definitely improve the latter part of the queue though (the pit now looks awful before you enter the station), the on ride experience, and for that of non-riders stood in the pit.

Most people wouldn't really see them either for any meaningful amount of time would they, apart from maybe the final bit of queueline into the station. Only RAP & Fastrack queue down into the pit nowadays so most of the watery fun would be missed by most. I think.

The helix looks barren without the water flowing down it towards the eye.

Switching on the waterfalls will just cycle the water around, not add to it? The drainage issue would remain with or without waterfalls.
For waterfalls they would have to have a source of water to function. Adding rainwater on top is what would cause flooding so they need to be able to reliably remove excess water as well as be able cycle it

For waterfalls they would have to have a source of water to function. Adding rainwater on top is what would cause flooding so they need to be able to reliably remove excess water as well as be able cycle it

The pit / rain is the source for the waterfalls. The pit has had water in it for 30+ years, never once seen it drained. By switching on the waterfalls they are not changing this or adding to the problem.

They have had to deal with removing water for three decades so I'm unsure what they are doing.

The pit / rain is the source for the waterfalls. The pit has had water in it for 30+ years, never once seen it drained. By switching on the waterfalls they are not changing this or adding to the problem.

They have had to deal with removing water for three decades so I'm unsure what they are doing.
If it was that simple I’m sure they would already be up and running

If it was that simple I’m sure they would already be up and running

It is that simple and has been for 30 years. Which suggests there are other factors at play as to why the waterfalls have not returned. As @rob666 pointed out, blocked or even cracked pipes is a high probability.

The pit is filled by rain, which is turn was circulated around the waterfalls with pumps. The pit filled up too much many, many times over the last 30 years after excessive rain meaning it needed pumping out. They only changed the rollercoaster for this year, the pit and it's infrastructure is pretty much identical to how it was, as built in 1994 - minus the access steps to the cliff face footers.

I suspect this works is a means of potentially finding a faster way to drain the pit in heavy rainfall, as the rainfall seems to have gotten heavier in the last decade, meaning the ride has had to close more frequently to pump the water out.

Last edited:
A
It is that simple and has been for 30 years. Which suggests there are other factors at play as to why the waterfalls have not returned. As @rob666 pointed out, blocked or even cracked pipes is a high probability.

The pit is filled by rain, which is turn was circulated around the waterfalls with pumps. The pit filled up too much many, many times over the last 30 years after excessive rain meaning it needed pumping out. They only changed the rollercoaster for this year, the pit and it's infrastructure is pretty much identical to how it was, as built in 1994.

I suspect this works is a means of potentially finding a faster way to drain the pit in heavy rainfall, as the rainfall seems to have gotten heavier in the last decade, meaning the ride has had to close more frequently to pump the water out

The blue pipes we have photos of *are* the new ones that were used to drain the pit after it had to close during the first week of the season. New pipes, because the pit filled up more quickly than the previous infrastructure could handle. These now seem to be getting permanently installed.

To be short, they are sorting out the drainage before the sort out the waterfalls

A

The blue pipes we have photos of *are* the new oness that were used to drain the pit after it had to close during the first week of the season. New pipes, because the pit filled up more quickly than the previous infrastructure could handle. These now seem to be getting permanently installed.

To be short, they are sorting out the drainage before the sort out the waterfalls

Yeah yeah, totally agree with you on that point.

Yeah yeah, totally agree with you on that point.
It was my *entire* point that drainage would need to be addressed effectively before any effort goes into moving any large capacity of water, regardless of where it comes from.

If you have the pit filled at a large enough capacity in order to get effective waterfalls, you need a way of getting rid of excess water fast in order to avoid ride closures.

Last edited: