• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis:Sisemen

Nemesis: Temporary back seat reversal for 21st Birthday madness?

• Yes, why not! Let's do something crazy for her Birthday!!

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • No, get your hands of, and never speaketh of this again!

Votes: 36 75.0%

• Total voters

TheMan

TS Member
Favourite Ride
NemiLerVion
Oh yes. The unspeakable has been spoken by @phildenholm but those words cannot be unspoke.

Nemesis, rear seats turned backwards?

Now. His post partly in jest, but in reference to what they may do for her 21st Birthday. At first, I thought YOU ARE A CRAZY MAN!!!

However, as a temporary thing, a bit of 21st Birthday madness, to do something so utterly crazy you only do it upon this milestone birthday, for like a week or something certainly not permanent, I have to admit, the idea appeals to me on more thought!

This isn't The Swarm, a decent ride, but trying to make it something it isn't. This is Nemesis, the near perfect coaster, force, pacing, smoothness, intensity, surroundings in near perfect balance.

Would I, as a "special occasion", bit of 21st Birthday madness like to try it backwards?

er.....

*Whispers*

Yes. I REALLY would!!

Over to you.

I can't actually believe that a tongue-in-cheek post was taken this seriously! :p Good on you guys, that's why I love this forum so much!

Would be fun to try, DEFINITELY not permanent. Could be a good marketing strategy though. "For just one week, ride Nemesis... BACKWARDS, at the Alton Towers Resort. *Cue ITHOTMK remix.*"

Would be fun to try, DEFINITELY not permanent. Could be a good marketing strategy though. "For just one week, ride Nemesis... BACKWARDS, at the Alton Towers Resort. *Cue ITHOTMK remix.*"

I'd probably accept it a bit longer than that if it worked, just on a single car, yes queue nightmare but you could have to prebook a ticket for it as a special to save that. It's a marketing boon as well.

Also, nice cross topic referencing - very smooth lol :D

Going backwards on a roller coaster is VILE. I can handle in short doses like on thirteen and Ben 10, but anything more than that leaves me feeling horrendously ill. Also, the back seats on Nemesis are my favourite, and I'd livid if they turned it backwards.

Going backwards on a roller coaster is VILE. I can handle in short doses like on thirteen and Ben 10, but anything more than that leaves me feeling horrendously ill. Also, the back seats on Nemesis are my favourite, and I'd livid if they turned it backwards.
I remember going to Thorpe for the first time in 2012, when X was still X:/:\:"No"Way:/Out:\\, and my mum and dad both coming off for the second time and feeling sick.

Oh I hated X backwards, for me it's backwards and dark, and also Swarm other than particular places leaves me feeling a bit iffy as well because it's a bit too smooth, same as air.

I'm not sure how I'd feel getting off Nemmy backwards lol but I'd HAVE to try it lol!

As I've said in the other topic, not going to happen. Would be the most pointless thing to ever happen, and I'm not even sure turning just one row around would work. You're more likely to get one whole train turned backwards (like Six Flags have done, they have a touring backwards invert train now) although that is still very unlikely.

:)

animated_gifs_on_sneakhype_13_zpsrwoded8d.gif

Whilst I welcome the practical aspects being mentioned, and I get it would be hard to actually turn the back row round, can we still mainly focus on opinions as to why you would/wouldn't like it?

Not ONLY - it wouldn't work (considering I think that's right) or NO IT'S NEMESIS. I know it's Nemesis, and everyone's 21st birthday should have an element of going backwards around a rollercoaster track insanely fast.

I'd rather they did some serious work on it. Fixing those supports around the loop and the footings. I also would like to see the beast get a good fresh lick of paint, a new synthesiser to stop the annoying popping and tidy up under the lift. While they are at it, they can change the single rider queue and see if it is possible to have it going up over the computer room and into the batching area, instead of clogging up the already busy exit.

I'd defo ride Nemesis backwards, it'd probably give me a migraine for a month like, but it sounds pretty amazing.

You know, if it's temporary, I'd be even more tempted to ride it. I'm gonna say yes! :p

The only decent backwards coasters are ones designed as such - and even they are few and far between. Turning seats backwards is rarely a good idea, and The Swarm is an example of how it doesn't work.

A huge majority wouldn't even try it as a temporary let's give it a go and see what it's like just once kinda thing!

Oh wow. TST. You disappoint me.

This isn't about it being a tacky marketing gimmick, it's about doing something crazy for a 21st party!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

Closed Season.

I've already posted about this, and that had absolutely nothing at all to do with why I created a thread to do with turning Nemesis backwards based on someones half jovial post in another thread at all. No.