• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis:Sisemen

Nemesis: Temporary back seat reversal for 21st Birthday madness?

• Yes, why not! Let's do something crazy for her Birthday!!

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • No, get your hands of, and never speaketh of this again!

Votes: 36 75.0%

• Total voters
No. No no no no no NO NO. No. Just no.

Swarm is a moderately good ride whose best rows were ruined by reversing the seating. I've tried it backwards a few times and don't bother any more, because it leaves me bored and sometimes mildly disorientated. Nemesis on the other hand is a phenomenal ride, probably far too intense to be enjoyable to ride backwards, and its back row is legendary for its face-rending prowess. It's also extremely scruffy, and desperately needs many wheelbarrows of money to be spent on improving its presentation so that it once again looks as amazing as it is to ride. That should be the priority for next year, and if the partial repaint last year is anything to go by Towers know it. If I'm still bitter about the seat reversal on Swarm, I think I'd decide not to renew my MAP if they did it to Nemmy.

If one whole train was turned backwards then I could see it being possible (the queue inside the station would have to be altered though). And if it did happen I would definitely try it. I just can't see it being pleasant - especially given the aggressiveness of Nemesis - even B&M smoothness couldn't counter not being able to brace for any element.

I love how this is dividing opinion so strongly!

Remember, it's only a temporary thing, when you're considering it I wouldn't EVER advocate a full time conversion - just a very limited time. Being two cars, and a real staple of the park, I wouldn't like it to be permanent, but a couple of weeks? Even just a week.

Just want to keep reminding people that's the point of this discussion, NOT a full time reversal, no way, no, not ever!

I'm not even sure it would be possible. You have to have the main chassis facing forwards still in order for the lift dogs and anti-rollbacks to function and then turn the seats the opposite way.

Of course you can modify the train, but that would be a more permanent change. Its not a simple case of taking off the trains and putting them on backwards.

The main reason it should not happen is that it is a stupid idea whether it be for 1 week, 1 year or 1 decade. End of. Spend the money on making it look presentable again rather than pointlessly turning a great coaster backwards.

:)

Just under a "secret" third of the responses so far are in favour.

I need to do some correlation work, find out if it's the "ride whores" and "secret Rita fan club".

In your replies, if in favour can you specify if you're a member of the "Secret Rita Fan Club" and "National Alton Towers Ride Whore Association"

I am founding member of both of these unofficial branches of TST. Membership is a mere £145 a year, without parking and only access on certain days - but for £1000 you can be a VIP member, stand on a metal sheet and I will provide a complimentary glass of catering standard "orange" juice.

Following on from my post, didn't they have to loose an entire row when they reversed Batman?

I'd rather keep the throughput up thanks.