• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra Discussion (**contains spoilers**)

I got on this for the first time yesterday and was really quite surprised by, and impressed with Sub Terra. Though a very short attraction, the sum of its parts was well worth a re-ride in my opinion! Loved the lifts, thought the cavern was very well themed and (though I've never been a fan) the scare-maze really worked. It certainly did the job - everyone in my ride sequence left fairly petrified and there were plenty of screams - a great attraction.

If I were to make any sort of alteration I would want the lights up a little higher when the seats fall, and for them to fall at different times, merely to build suspense for those yet to fall. The chamber was inanimate yes, and perhaps could do with just a projection of something moving to increase the level of threat, but realistically (ie not adding anamatronics / fire effects) I feel that those are the only additions that could improve it.

thefatone said:
No work has been made to improve the ride since then, however Entertainments have connected up some lights and audio a month or so ago, which was meant to arrive for May last year (but didn't turn them on as they didn't feel it was necessary).

Would these be the rather random multi-colour changing lights in the exit corridor?

rightbackgranty said:
I got on this for the first time yesterday and was really quite surprised by, and impressed with Sub Terra. Though a very short attraction, the sum of its parts was well worth a re-ride in my opinion! Loved the lifts, thought the cavern was very well themed and (though I've never been a fan) the scare-maze really worked. It certainly did the job - everyone in my ride sequence left fairly petrified and there were plenty of screams - a great attraction.

If I were to make any sort of alteration I would want the lights up a little higher when the seats fall, and for them to fall at different times, merely to build suspense for those yet to fall. The chamber was inanimate yes, and perhaps could do with just a projection of something moving to increase the level of threat, but realistically (ie not adding anamatronics / fire effects) I feel that those are the only additions that could improve it.

As far as I'm aware the towers do drop at different times. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

It could do with some more 'theming' in bottom of the pit but it's fine as it is. I think that they're focusing much more on The Smiler now...

Andrew said:
rightbackgranty said:

As far as I'm aware the towers do drop at different times. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

It could do with some more 'theming' in bottom of the pit but it's fine as it is. I think that they're focusing much more on The Smiler now...

I think they do fall at different times, though it is difficult to notice as either the drops are almost simultaneous / the lights go off very quickly. In all honesty they've probably got a happy balance and its not worth changing in the slightest - I was more speaking in an imaginary sense.

Like I said, in a perfect world and all that. The only thing that really got me about the ride was the bit in the crypt - I feel you spend your time expecting something to jump out or move but it never does. Not that it matters a great deal, as the lights soon get out and you're completely disorientated by noise, leg ticklers, back prodders and wind, which were all great :)

djtruefitt said:
Whats the audio entertainments have connected up?
It's next to the lighting at the end of the corridor - mentioning something about Civillians escaping etc. It's different to the audio entering the scaremaze, however almost completely inaudiable also.

rightbackgranty said:
as the lights soon get out and you're completely disorientated by noise, leg ticklers, back prodders and wind

Yeah, sorry about the wind, I blame those sprouts.... ;)