• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra Discussion (**contains spoilers**)

djtruefitt said:
I did it 4 times yesterday and it was pretty much the same each time, however later in the day in the briefing room we were told that live actors were involved "they wont touch you, please dont touch them", so I dont know if anything had happened earlier in the day with the actors.

The exit lifts are no way near as good as before as they just kind of move from side to side and dont shake as much, hopefully they fix the problem and its back to how it was before. Also the smoke wasnt working in either lift.

Also the actors dont seem to be holding the right hand lift back anyway, on all 4 times we did it we were let straight out the lift, which then means you end up with 40 people all crushed.

One minor other update, they have added some little lights that shine onto the seats in the main chamber so its a bit brighter, these go off when the ride starts.
I also noticed that the actors werent holding the right hand side lift as they did after its improvements find it cramped when entering the walk through hopefully this can be improved again but overall a good ride

When I rode Sub Terra yesterday, I couldn't fault it!

All of the effects were working, including the scuttling and air blasts on the seats.
Pretty much everyone on the ride were screaming or laughing!

The exit lifts were an improvement ftom opening day, and they rattled about quite abit.

The actors did their job very well, hanging out of all the spaces available, picking on those who were the most scared.

A very good ride, much improved: 8.9/10

Yeah its good at the moment. Still think that both lifts need some serious work as they still don't feel as if your moving, which is kinda the whole point of them.

Went on NST today for the first time and I absolutely loved it. The whole experience was a real rush, the effects were spot on and the actors were great. I don't see a problem with the lifts I thought they worked well. The whole feeling of chaos and fear really came through; I felt like I was in a movie. 9/10 for me :)

I no longer have an issue with the lifts having seen another ride that attempts to simulate lifts in Men In Black at Universal Studios Florida. Their attempt is much worse than ST's and the ride is so short that it seems even less realistic.

The Psychoaster said:
I no longer have an issue with the lifts having seen another ride that attempts to simulate lifts in Men In Black at Universal Studios Florida. Their attempt is much worse than ST's and the ride is so short that it seems even less realistic.
Remember that MiB Alien Attack opened 12 years ago and it doesn't shake as much because it's just a regular lift, rather than one with an alien clawing at it and whatnot. The normal lift going down on Sub Terra is not much different really.

:)

The Psychoaster said:

How can you fault MIB: Alien Attack?? I love that ride. Hoped for an update with the newer film but hey ho. I think the whole experience is brilliant.

The decent lift is actually ok. Its the accent lift that isnt so good. It needs more banging and needs to genuinely scare me senseless.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Chaz said:
The Psychoaster said:

How can you fault MIB: Alien Attack?? I love that ride. Hoped for an update with the newer film but hey ho. I think the whole experience is brilliant.

The descent lift is truly dire, it lasts for about 5 seconds and the "lift shaft lights" are clearly just on the inside. Also there was barely any attempt to simulate vibrations or movement whatsoever as there is on Sub Terra.

After riding the newest and what I assume to be the final version of Nemesis: Sub-Terra I have to say i'm impressed, but only so far as i'm impressed what Alton have done, with their own budget, technologies and means. It's very well themed in the crypt, good quality audio, nice smells and good pacing (for the most part). It's also encouraging seeing guests run out who enjoy the attraction which is a far cry from N:ST day one.

Still, it's no ETAC or SE at Florida's MK, but it was never going to be that good. so well played Alton, now onto SW7 and making that a success from day one! ;)

I think the main problem we're going to see with this attraction?

Re-rideability factor.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

But I suppose you could say the same about Hex? Once you have been on it you know what it does so why would you do it again, yet many people do.

djtruefitt said:
But I suppose you could say the same about Hex? Once you have been on it you know what it does so why would you do it again, yet many people do.

Possibly, although Sub Terra relies on the element of surprise, which Hex does not. I do enjoy re-riding Sub Terra to a degree, although once you know 'it drops', then I don't know if it would be as good for your average guest.

One way to combat this would be to make changes each season, even subtle ones, to the scare maze at the end. New, small effects and perhaps route changes etc.

It has the re-rideability of a scaremaze, in my view.

Granted, people don't re-ride a scaremaze as much as they would a coaster, but they do so because they enjoy the scares, even if they know what's coming.

AstroDan said:
djtruefitt said:

Possibly, although Sub Terra relies on the element of surprise, which Hex does not.

I disagree with you there.

All dark rides have an element of surprise. Hex is no different, there is nothing on the exterior of Hex that says what happens. Even all the pre-shows do not give away the end, they hint at it, but do not give the whole thing away. It builds you up through a story, you enter a vault and then get the surprise of the room spinning around. For someone new to the ride, they will not expect this. So it does very much work on surprising you. Perhaps not in the 'shock factor' way Sub-Terra does, although the foundations of both rides rely on a surprise element.

Maybe...

I still don't think Sub Terra will be as re-rideable as some other dark rides. That's not to say I don't like Sub Terra, I do enjoy it... maybe it's because the physical 'ride' element is so limited. Not sure.

I imagine it does have reridability - those who were scared and want to overcome that fear, those who want to take their friends to share the experience, and those who ride it because they just enjoy the atmosphere/experience/scares.

Same as hex really.

To be honest I think it is a tad embarassing likening Sub-Terra to Hex.

Hex is a quality ride system with bespoke and elaborate theming in an unrivalled setting. The former is a few cheap drop towers in a tin shed with some average special effects.

Nevertheless, it is good for the amount of space it occupies.

CoasterCrazyChris said:
To be honest I think it is a tad embarassing likening Sub-Terra to Hex.

Hex is a quality ride system with bespoke and elaborate theming in an unrivalled setting. The former is a few cheap drop towers in a tin shed with some average special effects.

Nevertheless, it is good for the amount of space it occupies.

The only reason, why it's easy to compare Sub Terra to Hex is that they're experience based Dark Rides. Although we have 2 other dark rides, in the form of Charlie and Duel, but they're transit system based Dark Rides. But with Sub Terra and Hex, the main focus of the whole experience is the flat ride systems.