• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

To be fair I’d rather it take another month if it means that it’s actually ready when it does open, both in the sense of being a finished product as well as not breaking down every 10 minutes.
Of course! I mean the signs it should be opening soon keep appearing. If there wasn’t much I don’t care how long

They've got 9 days to open it before I go 👁️
Would be great to get back on, but also I'm going with someone who's never been on it, so that would be half the fun.
That's definitely half the fun! I'm going with someone who's never been on it next month and I've told them as little about it as possible. They didn't know about the drop in Thirteen and that was a blast, and I'm hoping this will be a similar situation.

I've worked on enough attractions that people would classed as "nearly ready" that I've become very weary of that term now!

Sub-Terra was "nearly ready" when it opened in 2012. I'm optimistic that it will actually be ready this time.
That’s true - I have a vague memory of riding it right at the very start, and when it dropped, instead of the egg scene, there were a bunch of props laying around, some step ladders and a tool box.

Just seen some clearer pictures of the pre show area, they are black curtains as opposed to the black flaps which it used to have. Maintenance speaking on the phone that the pre show will be cleared before park open tomorrow, and when questioned said "it's not opening today but very, very soon". Also said that interior and exterior works are now complete

Last edited:
Does anybody know if they used filler inside the ride? If they did, what type? Polyfiller? I am trying to sleep but cannot sleep because I worry the type of filler they have used will be too heavy for the drop tower to cope with.
Don't worry I'm on the case, I'm running all the way to Alton towers now from Gloucestershire to ask the hotel shop sales assistant, she will have all the answers we need.

When pressed for information about NST, John Burton confirmed he will be on park on Thursday, maybe final testing and adjusting is taking place ?