• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Can't wait for this to open. 8 year wait lol.
Did it ever get a big queue originally?
The first few months it used to get long queues, as it was the new ride and also not the best capacity. In its later days not really.

I imagine it will get a bit of a queue now as there’s not much to do when you get to forbidden valley.

I'm sure it'll still be 40 riders. The only question is how long the new ride cycle will be.

I see the original ride was listed as 800pph. That's 1 group of 40 entering every 3 minutes.

For a headline ride I'd class 800pph as bare minimum. But Sub-Terra Isn't a headline ride anymore. If they wanted to make the experience longer they could probably get away with 600pph and have each scene last up to 4 minutes.

It all depends if their goal is to just get it back open, or to actually turn it into a better experience than it used to be. The success of Alton Manor could effect that decision. Back in 2012 none of the parks other dark rides had seen any attention for years, making it harder to draw direct comparisons.

I would guess it was running at about half that figure, it was running roughly every five minutes when I was in the queue.
Clear queue shuffle and stop.

I wonder if it will still have the water effects, back prodders and leg whippers on the ride sentence. You’d think so if the main section of the ride is the same but I guess we’ll have to see

I always enjoyed Terry, despite its flaws and ugly exterior (which we still had to live with whilst the ride was closed for all those years). Not a mind blower, but a very much needed indoor support ride. If they can get Hex fixed (which I think is paramount this season) and with Alty Mans being pretty decent, that would provide the park with 4 dark/indoor rides. There's another indoor coaster on the way and the potential to return the Dungeons to a family dark ride. So a total of 6 plus Sharkbait Reef then brings the park's collection of indoor attractions to a potential 7 which I would say is a decent number.

Only a few years ago we were down to Hex, "Sharky R" and Duel. It's an important step in the right direction for a park operating in the UK climate I think. I hope that at least a restoration to where we were in 2015 of some sort of flat ride lineup is next on the agenda. If Forbidden Valley is getting some sort of refurbishment ready for next year as is suspected, then a new permanent flat on the Ripsaw flat is just what the doctor ordered. They'd then have a rather complete area of the park, with 2 coasters (albeit, 1 of them visually looking hungover), a support indoor attraction, 2 flats, toilets and some dining options.

I always enjoyed Terry, despite its flaws and ugly exterior (which we still had to live with whilst the ride was closed for all those years). Not a mind blower, but a very much needed indoor support ride. If they can get Hex fixed (which I think is paramount this season) and with Alty Mans being pretty decent, that would provide the park with 4 dark/indoor rides. There's another indoor coaster on the way and the potential to return the Dungeons to a family dark ride. So a total of 6 plus Sharkbait Reef then brings the park's collection of indoor attractions to a potential 7 which I would say is a decent number.

Only a few years ago we were down to Hex, "Sharky R" and Duel. It's an important step in the right direction for a park operating in the UK climate I think. I hope that at least a restoration to where we were in 2015 of some sort of flat ride lineup is next on the agenda. If Forbidden Valley is getting some sort of refurbishment ready for next year as is suspected, then a new permanent flat on the Ripsaw flat is just what the doctor ordered. They'd then have a rather complete area of the park, with 2 coasters (albeit, 1 of them visually looking hungover), a support indoor attraction, 2 flats, toilets and some dining options.

I’ve been thinking this for a while that it’s a clever use of what presumably is not a huge budget to essentially add 2 dark rides to the park.

I appreciate that it’s not quite as simple as that as in doing so they’ve replaced a previous dark ride (Duel) and opened one which had been SBNO, but the net impact is that a ride that was widely seen to be in a horrific state and one which wasn’t even open have been replaced with renewed (hopefully in the case of Sub Terra but certainly with Alton Manor) indoor dark rides which for all intents and purposes feel like additions to the park.

It won’t take much for the ride lineup to actually be being back to being excellent again, personally I’d like an indoor water ride but even without one, a few flat rides and Project Horizon will bring the lineup in line anything in Europe probably, although obviously there’s wider issues to address.

I always enjoyed Terry, despite its flaws and ugly exterior (which we still had to live with whilst the ride was closed for all those years).
Question, what would have been a better design for the exterior that could have blended into Forbidding Valley rather than the metal shell we got?

Still, it does look nicer than the Smiler station I'll give it that.

Question, what would have been a better design for the exterior that could have blended into Forbidding Valley rather than the metal shell we got?

If space, and money was no object. I think a rock/cave exterior would have worked well, which would have blended in quite well with FV. You could still have maintained the same story line, with the eggs being discovered in an underground cave network which the Phalanx have t aken over.

If space, and money was no object. I think a rock/cave exterior would have worked well, which would have blended in quite well with FV. You could still have maintained the same story line, with the eggs being discovered in an underground cave network which the Phalanx have t aken over.
Yeah, not a bad idea actually. Have thought that if X-Sector was getting a revamp then I'd argue that Smiler's station building could get a reskin with a more curved design that blends in with Oblivion's station design. Would make it look a hell of a lot better.

And about TWODW...might be a little tricky there with how to improve that.

Doubt it, sounds like everything’s staying the same, don’t think it’d make sense for the creature to attack, you drop down, the emergency alerts about detonation start playing, and then the Phalanx are like “actually lads you can drop again and disintegrate in this facility”.

It would also do the ride capacity no good, and without the bottom scene changing somehow, would be pretty pointless