• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Ideally I'd like to see NST reopen in some form and also get a brand new Flat ride on the Ripsaw site which is long long long overdue.

In fact I'd like them to just buy a newer model of the Top Spin and bring Ripsaw back as it was the perfect flat ride really.

If they were to open a new ride in the NST building wouldn't it not be better to be a more family orientated attraction? We've all agreed in the past that Towers haven't got much good that the whole family can do together and this might well be an opportunity to do something with the nemesis theme that the whole family can do. Not sure exactly what though, some form of walkthrough presumably.

If they were to open a new ride in the NST building wouldn't it not be better to be a more family orientated attraction? We've all agreed in the past that Towers haven't got much good that the whole family can do together and this might well be an opportunity to do something with the nemesis theme that the whole family can do. Not sure exactly what though, some form of walkthrough presumably.
As much I can agree with you there, I can't honestly see there being a family ride in FV which has always been themed to be for a more older crowd, having a family ride in that building might seem a little out of place for the area, though arguable it already has this problem with Galatica regarding theming.

For all the problems NST had, it at least fitted into the area with its theme and surrounding target audience. If you are to have a dark ride in that building then it had to be be quite an attraction that is surely not family friendly and we still haven't even debated as to what can fit in that current building unless Merlin were to knock the building through to expand it and put something quite substantial in it. After how poor NST and the bar being pretty low, surely Merlin have much to lose and it would be quite staggering if they managed to put something far worse in there!

Personally, I'm partial to a themed indoor flat ride. I'd be thrilled if they put something like that into the old Sub-Terra building. I'm guessing they'd have a good footprint to work with (and height if they combined the floors)
Yes you raise a good point here. They could install a relitively cheap flat and give it some good theming and that would be perfect.

Yes you raise a good point here. They could install a relitively cheap flat and give it some good theming and that would be perfect.
I agree - you don’t need any ground breaking hardware if you put it indoors, add some good quality theming and a good lighting package. The park used to have 2 nigh on identical off the shelf coasters (the Jet Stars II / III) But one of them was indoors and was all the better for it.

I agree - you don’t need any ground breaking hardware if you put it indoors, add some good quality theming and a good lighting package. The park used to have 2 nigh on identical off the shelf coasters (the Jet Stars II / III) But one of them was indoors and was all the better for it.
They weren't nigh on identical.

Think I've mentioned this before, but it would be cool if Towers re-used this concept that was originally planned for the Black Hole tent and put it in the Sub Terra building. Not sure if it would fit mind, but would be a great fit for the area! :)

robots01.png

Last edited:
I sound like a broken record already, but another tracked dark ride at Towers would be a good thing IMO, maybe make NST into an interactive dark ride shooter in which you could easily reuse old scenery such as the elevator in which much like in the old attraction you are going underground but here you are sent down to shoot and kill all of the hatched Nemesis babies to prevent them reaching the surface. Not a bad idea the more you think about it.

The building would need to be twice as large though knowing Merlin, just plonk some shipping containers on the side, put a roof over it and there you go. If this happened then you might see Duel lose the shooters in which this new version of NST ends up doing its role which honestly might shoot it much better.

Plus with the tracked dark rides (not including Hex ofc), I like the idea each fits an age group in which GG is for younger audiences, Duel for a family audience and with this hyperbolic version of NST, more for an adult crowd just to make it far more intense with perhaps putting leg pokers and such in the ride vehicle to add to the interactive factor...now that I think about it, it is something of a something new, something borrowed and something old about it.

Alas, that's never going to happen though certainly would have potential if done in right hands, that being not Merlin though I'd honestly eat my hat if something quite special goes in there.

It really depends IF the hardware is still there. We’ve had no confirmation either way.

if it is, then refurb and reopen
If not, I agree, put a flat in the building.

For me though, I think FV will also see SW9, so capacity in that area of the park is needed.

It really depends IF the hardware is still there. We’ve had no confirmation either way.

if it is, then refurb and reopen
If not, I agree, put a flat in the building.

For me though, I think FV will also see SW9, so capacity in that area of the park is needed.
I think you've summed up my opinion on the FV, NST and nemesis situation completely @Jb85 I think it makes sense to them to reopen it in some form if the hardware is still there is not some form of indoor flat would do the job perfectly.
I also think there is a strong likelyhood SW9 will be in FV.

But would it make sense for them to re-open Nemesis Sub-Terra in any form? It is, after all, a failed ride.

It wasn't particularly popular, needed that expensive live action element, and really didn't manage to fill any of the gaps the park needed to fill.

But would it make sense for them to re-open Nemesis Sub-Terra in any form? It is, after all, a failed ride.

It wasn't particularly popular, needed that expensive live action element, and really didn't manage to fill any of the gaps the park needed to fill.
Well maybe not however if it's still there it might be relatively cheap to get back open which might well appeal. I think it's too far gone for them to bring it back through.

Yeah if they do decide to put an attraction in the building I think it will almost certainly be a brand new one as opposed to N:ST 2.0. Besides, apparently only the towers remain inside the building, all the other hardware is gone.
Although, could they actually put anything else in there with the towers still in place? Removing them would require the roof to be removed first, which would obviously be very expensive and time consuming.