• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Themeing is a strong word for rubbish dumped in an abandoned ride shed.
I don’t often spit my coffee out when I laugh. But when I do, it’s at things like that!

I really don’t see the need to get excited about these “changes” to Sub-Standard. Polishing a turd and all that…

That being said, it would be nice to have the attraction operating whilst Nemesis is otherwise indisposed. Anything is better than nothing!

I mean it would be nice to see something in the sub-terra building, even if it is only temporary, even if it is only to serve the purpose of making sure galactica's queue isn't on 4 hours, being the only ride in Forbidden Valley. I would make more sense if they put something in there that was family friendly, I think it's been said before on here, can't remember who said it, might have been @Squiggs that an indoor flat ride with a bit of theming would do nicely and I'd have to agree. I hope we see something anyway because the option of not having anything there might not end well for the queue's across the park the year one of the parks best throughput coasters is closed.

What sort of ride where you thinking, something like a twister seems ideal?
I'd personally love a new set of thrill drop towers if the old ride system is no longer onsite. Maybe a Zamperla Disko (if it fits) or (if possible) I wanna see an Intamin Ultra Tower immersive attraction.

But something I've debated about in my head for a little while. Glidepath, although not known for amusement park work, create moving pathway systems. I'd like to see a Phalanx Lab attraction with a Glidepath moving pathway system involved which could tie into a 2nd ride system in the building.

I'd personally love a new set of thrill drop towers if the old ride system is no longer onsite. Maybe a Zamperla Disko (if it fits) or (if possible) I wanna see an Intamin Ultra Tower immersive attraction.

But something I've debated about in my head for a little while. Glidepath, although not known for amusement park work, create moving pathway systems. I'd like to see a Phalanx Lab attraction with a Glidepath moving pathway system involved which could tie into a 2nd ride system in the building.
There's a moving walkway attraction by Glidepath rumoured to be coming to Universal Orlando actually.

What sort of ride where you thinking, something like a twister seems ideal?
I think any of those spinning type attractions would do very well in that space. The building offers a diameter of around 16m, which would allow for many of the variations on that style of ride. For example, a Polyp themed to the Nemesis monster could be a neat addition.

That said, the building would also offer a surprising height clearance once Sub-Terra is cleared out. The central space is around 11m tall, so it could equally be suitable for something with a bit more height to it, like a Move-It 24 or similar. A ride like that could really offer the opportunity to transform a fairly 'standard' ride into a unique guest experience and therefore something more fitting for a theme park.

If bits of old ride theming are being removed, is it possible they’re planning to use the space for storing some of the equipment for the re track?

I think any of those spinning type attractions would do very well in that space. The building offers a diameter of around 16m, which would allow for many of the variations on that style of ride. For example, a Polyp themed to the Nemesis monster could be a neat addition.

That said, the building would also offer a surprising height clearance once Sub-Terra is cleared out. The central space is around 11m tall, so it could equally be suitable for something with a bit more height to it, like a Move-It 24 or similar. A ride like that could really offer the opportunity to transform a fairly 'standard' ride into a unique guest experience and therefore something more fitting for a theme park.
Yes you've presented some good options there, I think something like that would make a lot of sense for that space and the purpose I think they'd want it to serve. Being more family friendly then sub-terra but could still fit the theme nicely.
If bits of old ride theming are being removed, is it possible they’re planning to use the space for storing some of the equipment for the re track?
Suppose that's something we can't rule out, doesn't seem impossible but I'm not sure they'd really need a building to store most of the things you'd need, mainly track (which is usually stored outside).