• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

It was badly thought out regarding staffing but I’m not sure they can lose any of the staff, you need a batcher, two hosts and an op, you could get away with no actor in the end corridor with some imaginative effects instead. But the big staffing pressure is baggage hold, because of the nature of the ride you can’t take bags on with you and a bag hold for a mid level attraction is always going to be a bit overkill.

They could look at automated lockers but that’s an expense they are unlikely to consider.
It would break the flow of the "escape" a little but not an impossibility that they could just put boxes for bags by the centre console in the drop room? Cheapest option by far.

Add an internal door to the control room and you could theoretically get it down to 1 batching host, 1 ride host and 1 op / ride host. It's not uncommon on every other flat ride for the op to take some hosting duty so don't see why this has to be different.

The issue is, with such a complete failure on their hands, which was a PR disaster, will merlin want to re-open it, with the very real risk of the poor public perception of the original ride being brought up again?

The issue is, with such a complete failure on their hands, which was a PR disaster, will merlin want to re-open it, with the very real risk of the poor public perception of the original ride being brought up again?

What PR disaster?

I don't recall there being any press or anything about it being bad. Those who thought it was bad may not want to try again, but there will be plenty who either can't remember, didn't ride it before or couldn't ride before (too young) who would be willing to give it a go.

I think the PR failure was more about the reviews the first week of opening which led them to enhance the second part of the ride after the lifts. I don’t think it was reported public ally as such but more had a slating in the “community”

As has always been my stance - IF the hardware is still in situ - then there is a chance of the ride returning in some form.

If it isn’t - then we just have a shed covering a hole.

Something needs to go in there though, but it seem it won’t be this year or next with the Duel rumours and Nemesis re track.

Shame. May as well close the thread until something happens - if it ever does.

I don't see it as unreasonable that they may put a temporary attraction to go in there like a maze at scarefest, that then runs all year round to help relieve the pressure form nemesis being down, but I would expect it would be fairly cheap.

The trouble is, as far as I am aware, pretty much all the hardware save for the actual physical tower itself has been stripped and sold (like the gondolas), or re-used around the park if transferable (like sensors, motors, etc). the cost of reinstating the ride would be at best 3/4 of the original cost, but likely much, much more, and I really don't see merlin spending that much money, especially if they invest in Duel. if Duel is left untouched over the closed season, then it is still a small possibility.

The trouble is, as far as I am aware, pretty much all the hardware save for the actual physical tower itself has been stripped and sold (like the gondolas), or re-used around the park if transferable (like sensors, motors, etc). the cost of reinstating the ride would be at best 3/4 of the original cost, but likely much, much more, and I really don't see merlin spending that much money, especially if they invest in Duel. if Duel is left untouched over the closed season, then it is still a small possibility.
Yeah as far as I know, everything is gone except the towers, as removing them would require a crane and a hole to be cut in the roof.

What were they thinking with that cheap wooden batching area and shipping containers in the first place? It's always been a horrid looking attraction from the outside.