• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

If bits of old ride theming are being removed, is it possible they’re planning to use the space for storing some of the equipment for the re track?
That is entirely possible actually, but I seriously hope it will be used for an attraction in order to counter Nemmy's closure.

Possible, but Nemesis's retrack is due to start on the 1st December this year I think, so I'm not sure why they'd be using Sub Terra as storage for it.

Is the proposed start date not on the documents? I swear it is.
EDIT: yeah the date listed on the documents is 01/12/22 - I assume this is when work is to start on the overhaul.
If you're referring to the dates on the plans, that was the date of the drawing in American format, so it was 12/01/22 - which was only a few days before the plans were submitted to Staffordshire Moorlands council.

If you're referring to the dates on the plans, that was the date of the drawing in American format, so it was 12/01/22 - which was only a few days before the plans were submitted to Staffordshire Moorlands council.
Ah sorry I didn’t realise that was the case I didn’t realise the dates were the American way

Over closed season they’re removed all the awful queue line tent and bits of crap theming from around the queue line.

Also you can now see inside and can see all the theming has been removed from e pre show and lifts.

Maybe they really are doing something then. We know they're good at leaving things in a state until they actually have to do something with it - so maybe a new attraction is coming. Forbidden Valley will really need it - especially if Funk'n'Fly doesn't come back next year, that would literally just leave Galactica and The Blade.

I wouldn't rule out a cheap filler walk through style attraction. Nobody wants it but you can bet it's crossed their mind. Similar to that Black Mirror rubbish at Thorpe.

If Nemesis retrack does leave it closed for a season (I'm not convinced that's necessary mind) I'm a huge advocate for shutting Forbidden Valley as a whole for the season and fixing the whole lot up at once, including giving the NST building some purpose alongside a new ship, another new flat and doing something with Galacticair to give it some coherent theme.

Oh yeah let's have an entire area shut for a whole season putting pressure on the rest of the rides - what could possibly go wrong? There's really no reason to shut Galactica or The Blade just because Nemesis is having a retrack.

I’m assuming it’s being cleared out to make way for whatever the new maze is this year at scarefest. Probably will then keep the maze open for the whole of next season or something?

The queue line at the back has been tidied up too. Taken from the Nemesis queue.
5c3e31dcbaf64eaccebbf4e9354ec494.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The queue line at the back has been tidied up too. Taken from the Nemesis queue.
5c3e31dcbaf64eaccebbf4e9354ec494.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
It’s probably just going to be a scare maze - they’ve already announced a new one will be coming this year. I highly doubt it’ll ever open as Sub Terra again.

It’s probably just going to be a scare maze - they’ve already announced a new one will be coming this year. I highly doubt it’ll ever open as Sub Terra again.

Yeah looking like it. Probably keep it open all year next season too to make up for Nemmy being shut.

Yeah looking like it. Probably keep it open all year next season too to make up for Nemmy being shut.
They probably don’t even need to do that to be honest. Nemesis’ official throughput is 1200 pph so they’d only need to improve operations enough to increase throughput by 150 pph across 8 of their biggest attractions to compensate for the temporary loss of Nemesis. Surely that would be a more cost effective way of compensating rather than opening up an additional attraction?

I’m all for new attractions, I’m just thinking from a Merlin perspective here.

They probably don’t even need to do that to be honest. Nemesis’ official throughput is 1200 pph so they’d only need to improve operations enough to increase throughput by 150 pph across 8 of their biggest attractions to compensate for the temporary loss of Nemesis. Surely that would be a more cost effective way of compensating rather than opening up an additional attraction?

I’m all for new attractions, I’m just thinking from a Merlin perspective here.

FV without Nemmy and Sub Terra would be a bit pointless. Just Galactica left would leave it feeling very dull.

Maybe they will open a permanent flat ride on the ripsaw site....but then again pigs might fly too.

FV without Nemmy and Sub Terra would be a bit pointless. Just Galactica left would leave it feeling very dull.

Maybe they will open a permanent flat ride on the ripsaw site....but then again pigs might fly too.
I totally agree, but let’s not forget that Merlin were quite happy that The Dark Forest was a one main ride area for half the year last year whenever it rained. A new permanent flat would be great to accompany Galactica and The Blade however I just can’t see it happening

That said, the building would also offer a surprising height clearance once Sub-Terra is cleared out. The central space is around 11m tall, so it could equally be suitable for something with a bit more height to it, like a Move-It 24 or similar. A ride like that could really offer the opportunity to transform a fairly 'standard' ride into a unique guest experience and therefore something more fitting for a theme park.
Ironically, when I said the above a few weeks back, a Tivoli Extreme was one of the rides I was thinking of as being a suitable new resident of the Sub-Terra building. It'll be interesting to see how Spinjam is received by guests this season.