• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Yesterday I noticed a screen out of the front with three green question marks on it.

Has this always been there?

With the announcement of the new attraction of Scarefest 'The invitation' being located at the games bunker, what do we believe that the activity around Sub-terror is for?

With the announcement of the new attraction of Scarefest 'The invitation' being located at the games bunker, what do we believe that the activity around Sub-terror is for?
Who knows, really? It could be for a number of reasons!

Not sure, it makes me speculate more though knowing that it’s not Scarefest related. I thought it was a shoe in that the fourth attraction would be in the building, but now we know The Invitation is on TJ site, I’m really not sure. I’d like to hope it’s prep for a re-opening, but I’m not sure how much work would have to be done to get it in a fit state.

Basic maintenance.

I don't think we will be seeing the return of Sub Tera, but there is a clear investment plan across the park and the building cam easily be utilised for future projects. It makes no sense to let it fall into disrepair

I’m not convinced it’s basic maintenance. It’s been in an awful state for the past 7 years, and they didn’t seem too bothered about it’s appearance and state until they had to do something for Project 42. Who knows though.
Let's hope your right, but I can't see them doing Duel, Nemesis, Sub Terra, fixing Hex and SW9/Coaster Corner at once.

Hope they do though!!

Let's hope your right, but I can't see them doing Duel, Nemesis, Sub Terra, fixing Hex and SW9/Coaster Corner at once.

Hope they do though!!
Duel open 2023
Nemesis 2024
Coaster Corner 2024/5

Feel like the first 2 would have been done by now if it wasn't for covid and the impact it's had on the park.

Hope they do though!!
It wouldn't be unprecedented for Merlin, necessarily; during their last spell under private ownership, they did Mutiny Bay, Sharkbait Reef, CCL, Thirteen, Sub-Terra and Ice Age 4D within the space of 5 seasons! (2008 to 2012, and the combined £26m of Smiler and CBeebies Land came within the two seasons after that!)

Firstly, there is activity round sub terra every year, around this time of year.
There has been speculation about such activity every year.
This year, I would guess that it is being prepared for staff welfare use (portaloos, meeting room, kitchen and seating area) for the nemesis redo.

It wouldn't be unprecedented for Merlin, necessarily; during their last spell under private ownership, they did Mutiny Bay, Sharkbait Reef, CCL, Thirteen, Sub-Terra and Ice Age 4D within the space of 5 seasons! (2008 to 2012, and the combined £26m of Smiler and CBeebies Land came within the two seasons after that!)

Maybe I'm being a pessimistic.

Interesting out the first batch of investments you quote above, only two survive with one being a midway attraction so likely out of thr AT capex.

Like I say I hope its happening. I would say as a guess this is £40m of investment.
That's without any support rides, shops, refurbishment of existing rides, repairs (rapids, hex looking at you)

We know the budget is there, but to invest a large chunk in what they already have is unprecedented

I would hope that they are preparing something in Sub Terra to open next season, in time for Nemmy closing. Just three attractions open (two if Funk N Fly doesn't return!) Wouldn't be great for FV.

I don’t think it’s impossible for Sub-Terra to open next year. The activity around the attraction seems more than usual this year and with Nemesis closed in 2023, it would be ideal for Sub-Terra to fill the gap and support the line-up in Forbidden Valley.

Rapids I can see being left for a while longer. Hex, I guess depending on the issue and extent of said issue, that could reopen or stay SBNO.

Duel’s refurbishment is cheaper than a new dark ride, and Sub-Terra could be a refurbishment, which is also cheaper than a new ride (maybe depending on whether any hardware exists in there now). I can see it being plausible for both to be 2023 investments.