• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Sub-terra already uses leg ticklers and head rest speakers (pretty sure it had water spray as well).

Oh I didn’t realise as never worked properly when I was on the ride, So again the hardware there it just needs to be delivered better with a well executed story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes in theory if they were good in dispatches whilst the ride was open they could have the group entering and leaving the chamber in their respective lifts at the same time

This used to happen occasionally and it completely ruined the experience. As you enter the chamber you're supposed to be totally unaware of what's going to happen, so seeing a mass group panic-exiting into a secondary lift with a loud siren and flashing red lights in the pitch black on the other side entirely spoiled the story!

If it was running properly, the ride would drop just as the pre show started. So by the time you exited the first lifts in to the corridor the guests are just exiting the ride. So you wouldn’t wait long before you then head in to the chamber.

Of course often when the ride was really quiet they would skip and batch so there would be large gaps between each group.

I don't think it's coming back anyway. I think we'd have heard something by now. As Rob said....they probably just clearing out the building for B&M to have a base for the Nemmy Rebuild.

What I’d say is… the night is still young for 2023 revelations! We didn’t know about Octonauts until January 2015, and that opened in March, and we also didn’t know about 2022’s additions until the season had practically ended.

I can imagine that it wouldn’t be too hard for them to keep a 2023 reopening of Sub-Terra secret seeing as it’s an existing ride that merely needs some light work.

I don’t think they would make a big song and dance out of it reopening and it certainly wouldn’t be this early if they did.

I imagine we’ll get some announcements about duel for scarefest and something for sub Terra probably not until next year.

If it was being prepared for a base for the nemesis work, they wouldn’t be messing around with TVs and stuff. Sure they’ll just use a protacabin for their base.

Yeah they were messing with TVs and lights and floor repairs. All general, but too early for a nemesis base camp. I don’t think they’d even use the building as space for workers on nemesis anyway to be honest

I’ve got a potential update on Sub-Terra following my recent visit.

Were these metal fences with signs on them always in the queue? They certainly look new, and if they were there before, I certainly didn’t remember them:
116-FD9-F9-CB75-4998-A428-B9041-E824789.jpg

Apologies for the poor quality of the picture (this was taken very quickly while I was walking), but if these are new, could this indicate that something is happening with Sub-Terra’s area?

For clarity, the signs say “QUARANTINE RESTRICTED AREA” and have Phalanx logos on them, if anyone is struggling to read them from my photo.

Just seen this...

That sign is from the P42 yellow tent that was outside the building. So it's been moved, but why?...

20181030_img_2439_hursty-500x333.jpg

Just seen this...

That sign is from the P42 yellow tent that was outside the building. So it's been moved, but why?...

20181030_img_2439_hursty-500x333.jpg
Wait I'm not sure what you're referring to here. The sign on Matt N's post has been there for years. I dunno if i'm not following your post, but not sure what you mean.

Somethings happening ok. I can't hide it any longer....
Can't give details but through work I now know this is the project area we are working on

You can’t hide the fact something is happening… It’s obvious something is happening, it doesn’t even require insider knowledge to work that out, so your post has added nothing other than “look at me I know a thing you don’t”.

Irony is plenty of people who post on these forums will know what’s happening, they can’t say anything useful so they say nothing!

Sorry if that’s grumpy, but we are approaching another period of SW activity and I can’t cope with another 18 month round of “I know something but can’t say anything”. I get that it’s exciting to know stuff, I have sometimes been lucky enough to have had insider knowledge of the goings on at Towers back when I was on the team (and these days if I get Dan or Craig drunk enough :p ) and you just want to tell everyone, but if you can’t add to the discussion don’t brag.

If anyone wants a guide on when to speak up about the things they know observe @AstroDan. He only reveals what he knows when he can and only when it adds to the discussion.

End of grumpy old man rant!

You can’t hide the fact something is happening… It’s obvious something is happening, it doesn’t even require insider knowledge to work that out, so your post has added nothing other than “look at me I know a thing you don’t”.

Irony is plenty of people who post on these forums will know what’s happening, they can’t say anything useful so they say nothing!

Sorry if that’s grumpy, but we are approaching another period of SW activity and I can’t cope with another 18 month round of “I know something but can’t say anything”. I get that it’s exciting to know stuff, I have sometimes been lucky enough to have had insider knowledge of the goings on at Towers back when I was on the team (and these days if I get Dan or Craig drunk enough :p ) and you just want to tell everyone, but if you can’t add to the discussion don’t brag.

If anyone wants a guide on when to speak up about the things they know observe @AstroDan. He only reveals what he knows when he can and only when it adds to the discussion.

End of grumpy old man rant!

No drama I'm the same but for once actually know

all i know is new lighting effects are going into the building. I suspect its an updated version of what is already their to be honest. I don't actually know anything hardware or theme related.

My point being though, similar to yours, there is no need for endless pages of 'I wonder if something us happening, is it coming back' when it's clear it is, in some shape or form.

No offence taken, and I have to say if I knew exact project details I wouldn't be posting them. New lights isn't major discussion point.

So on that note I can confirm without a shadow of a doubt they are extending Nemesis to go through the sub terra pit.

So it does appear as though something could be happening in this space, then… interesting!

Whether or not it’s a reopening of Sub-Terra in its exact previous form is up for debate, but whatever it is, it appears to be something that isn’t Scarefest-related.

Intriguing…

If the happenings are to do with either Sub-Terra being reopened or some sort of other new attraction in the space, then my personal prediction is that it will be a halfway house between “Sub-Terra in its old form” and “new attraction”… I do not think that the ride will reopen as “Sub-Terra” as we knew it from 2012 to 2015, but at the same time, I don’t think it will be drastically different. I could still see a Nemesis-themed dark ride experience of some sort in that space. I reckon it would be a pretty effective tool to hype up the Nemesis retrack!

I wouldn’t necessarily rule out a 2023 opening if something is done with Sub-Terra… correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m led to believe that the interior is mostly still intact (including the ride system), so I shouldn’t think it would be overly expensive to reopen. And even though the Duel revamp is happening… I heard it suggested by a TSTer “in the know” that the budget was likely to be somewhere in the £3-5m ballpark. Sub-Terra in its opening year cost £4m, and they also opened Ice Age 4D alongside it, so I certainly wouldn’t rule out Sub-Terra V2 opening next year alongside the Duel revamp.

Honestly, if Sub Terra is returning, rather than the original version, I'd pretty much have a straight up clone of the original Alien Encounter ride at WDW with it bring simply a theatre in the round design. Honestly, even if it had been a rip off, had they done that to begin with back when it first opened in 2012 it would have likely still be in operation to this day.

I do wonder how much work would have to be done to the drop towers to get them fit for action again (if they were to use them again that is). That's an assumption that they are still present in the building.

Here’s a look inside Sub Terra yesterday. There’s a big pile of lights in there, which I’m sure we’re not there the other week. No idea if they are old ents lights from scarefest or from Sub Terra.
E36FBCA8-32D9-4261-8729-EABAECBA5816.jpeg
I don't want to overexcite anyone unnecessarily, but having actually seen Sub-Terra yesterday, I can confirm that this big dusty pile of lights from July are still located in the same spot today. As is the big hole in the floor where the decking has rotted through. However, in an exciting(?) twist, the dustpan and brush are no long in place nor could I see any sign of WD40.

Oh, and there is an alarm going off inside... but I got the impression that it may have been going off for a while but is quiet enough that no one has felt the need to switch it off. You know, real 'abandoned building' VIBES all round.