• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

Interesting to see what becomes of this in 2023. Aerial shots make me realise even more how much of a state the building is. On a side note, are those The Blade supports in front of the Nemesis gun? I know it’s taken apart yearly, but wasn’t sure if that’s what they are or not.
EDIT: Never mind, can see on a video on YouTube that they are and that the actual body for The Blade is on the pathway leading to Funk’n’Fly.

Last edited:
*Not Sub-Terra related, sorry*
From my jaunt up this afternoon; visible re-decking of the queue line. As per my post in the Nemesis topic, re-distribution is only to be done with my permission. Flights conducted within restrictions/height limits and sight lines.DJI_0097.jpg

What's trundling along the monorail track?

On a serious note I guess realistically the only thing it’s likely to be other than the (likely) re-opening (and possible re-imagining) of the ride is some sort of walk through/ scaremaze attraction.

I don’t think that’s likely; I just can’t see it being anything other than those two options.

Yes my two thoughts are: it'll re-open with the drop towers or, it'll re-open as a walkthrough. I'd much rather the first, but I guess we'll find out in the coming months. Or we won't, and it being used for something else will not even be mentioned by the park. I'd imagine Duel will be at the centre of the 2023 marketing.

On a serious note I guess realistically the only thing it’s likely to be other than the (likely) re-opening (and possible re-imagining) of the ride is some sort of walk through/ scaremaze attraction.

I don’t think that’s likely; I just can’t see it being anything other than those two options.
Not sure why they wouldn't announce the return around the time Nemesis closed to keep the interest and "hype" going.

I'm not really bothered if it opens or not to be honest.

Not sure why they wouldn't announce the return around the time Nemesis closed to keep the interest and "hype" going.

I'm not really bothered if it opens or not to be honest.

Be that as it may, they’re not ripping the queue line apart and adding a new one for no reason, that and the work which has clearly been going on to it over the last few months.

Be that as it may, they’re not ripping the queue line apart and adding a new one for no reason, that and the work which has clearly been going on to it over the last few months.
Might be for a scare attraction next year? If wooden queue was dangerous then maybe that's why they didn't use it this year.

I’d be fairly stunned if that was the reason, the building is being readied for public use, as I said above the roofing is being cleaned etc as well. They’re not doing it for a scaremaze to use in 10 months time.
I don't believe this either, but there could be a very small chance that it will become a year-round scare maze like Saw Alive was in 2010. Nemesis Sub-Terra itself had a small scaremaze section.

I don't believe this either, but there could be a very small chance that it will become a year-round scare maze like Saw Alive was in 2010. Nemesis Sub-Terra itself had a small scaremaze section.
The issue with that is staffing, and we all know why Sub Terra closed in the first place.

Yeah there is, or almost some kind of walk through attraction explaining the nemesis back story which they clearly believe has further legs in it.

I think the ride is re-opening personally, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one, I’m just entertaining the alternative.

I think the ride is re-opening personally, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one, I’m just entertaining the alternative.
Yes, however I think it wont open as it was back in 2015, the marketing for the closure of Nemesis did hint at a change to the storyline and if nemesis sub-terror was to reopen, it would re-open with the new storyline.

Yes, however I think it wont open as it was back in 2015, the marketing for the closure of Nemesis did hint at a change to the storyline and if nemesis sub-terror was to reopen, it would re-open with the new storyline.

Probably yeah, that also allows it to be marketed as a new ride.

Yes, and this is a reason why it is unlikely for Towers to attempt something like that again.

It closed when the park was having severe budget restraint due to the Smiler crash, that isn’t the case anymore.

They might have reduced the staffing numbers required as well but either way they will have a bit more budget to play with than when the closed it.