• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

I think there’s been a few subtle hints here and there, perhaps not as obvious as in the past.

Things may not leak as much these days, but on the flip side, I’d argue that the leaks that do happen tend to be more accurate, as in the social media age, it is arguably much harder to fabricate incorrect rumours.
Hmm, I feel social media has made things worse. There’s far less credibility and people over-analyse everything.

Hmm, I feel social media has made things worse. There’s far less credibility and people over-analyse everything.
I won’t deny the over-analysing bit, but I would refute that the credibility has decreased.

If you look through the rumours sections of things like the old AirTime magazines from the 1990s, there were a lot of rumours posted within the magazine, but very few of them ever came true or even showed any sign of ever having being considered by the parks in question.

Also, there was no real way to analyse or refute a rumour’s credibility back then, whereas there is now.

It's definitely true to say that there are less leaks these days ... but there is arguably less to leak. In the Rideas glory days there was new stuff popping up at most parks every year ... and more parks !

Multiple seasons at BPB and Thorpe Park with nothing new would be unheard of, but we'd likely have all scoffed at the idea of a B&M at Chessington too.

I think it's exciting when something isn't just leaked. It gives us something to get excited about, it's like project horizon wouldn't be anywhere near as interesting if we all knew exactly what was coming. With Sub-terra I admit I'm not that excited but we definitely need a filler ride and I hope they deliver something at least somewhat decent.

Surely someone must know by now enough to drop a hint / confirmation? I miss the hey day of forums were people would spill information all the time, and we could actually get excited about things rather than everything being a huge secret for the select few enthusiasts to know

I think it’s been strongly hinted at and the external works have kind of confirmed it anyway so there is really no need for leaks.

In the 90’s the 1st time most people knew what Alton Towers was adding for the season was the map in the sun newspaper.
I use to know someone who worked for a company who printed the Drayton Manor tourist maps for hotels/service stations and they were printed around early Jan and he use to send me the maps.
I guess with the park not closing to Monday just gone most of the staff have been given a few weeks off so I’m sure you will hear more in the next 2 weeks.

We knew Nemesis was coming, we knew Oblivion was coming, we knew the rapids and mine train were coming, all the season before.
Bloody great construction sites made things rather obvious.
yeah I know there was a coaster been installed as I saw Nemesis in August 1993 and all I could see then was the lift hill and the start of the 1st inversion. I remember thinking OMG you going to be upside down on this coaster.
Seeing Oblivion been built I visited twice that season (1 in July with school friends as we had finished school for good and the other with my family and we visited October half term) The 1st time the construction was just a big hole and the 2nd time the lift hill had been installed and part of the drop and the break run.
Nemesis I didn’t know it was an invented coaster to I saw it on Blue Peter and Oblivion we were given leaflets which had a voucher on to ride the new coaster in 1998.
I didn’t visit Alton Towers to 1993 but I do remember the advert for the Haunted House and the Runaway train and seeing the rapids on Treasure Hunt.

If it does reopen I’m hoping for a change up to the story. I never understood why we got shouted as visitors to go view the egg?

I’d hope that they have a “light beginning” then the story changes to something sinister as it all felt a little one note. Shouted to stand on a spot, shouted to sit down and shouted to get out.

IMO the story could be nemesis recently escaped while looking for her they descovered new eggs one hatching which is now nemesis 2

yeah I know there was a coaster been installed as I saw Nemesis in August 1993 and all I could see then was the lift hill and the start of the 1st inversion. I remember thinking OMG you going to be upside down on this coaster.
Seeing Oblivion been built I visited twice that season (1 in July with school friends as we had finished school for good and the other with my family and we visited October half term) The 1st time the construction was just a big hole and the 2nd time the lift hill had been installed and part of the drop and the break run.
Nemesis I didn’t know it was an invented coaster to I saw it on Blue Peter and Oblivion we were given leaflets which had a voucher on to ride the new coaster in 1998.
I didn’t visit Alton Towers to 1993 but I do remember the advert for the Haunted House and the Runaway train and seeing the rapids on Treasure Hunt.

Its like your reading my memory lol. I too was at AT in 97 with school and remember thinking wtf is that as it was such a huge drop.

Its much harder now days to keep things quiet, there was no camera phones and mobile flying devices to take pictures in the off season.

If it does reopen I’m hoping for a change up to the story. I never understood why we got shouted as visitors to go view the egg?

I’d hope that they have a “light beginning” then the story changes to something sinister as it all felt a little one note. Shouted to stand on a spot, shouted to sit down and shouted to get out.

IMO the story could be nemesis recently escaped while looking for her they descovered new eggs one hatching which is now nemesis 2

I never got why people were so taken aback by this.

The idea is you’re entering a military base to view an alien egg, I would imagine if an alien egg actually existed and was in public display there’d be a queue longer than the one to see the Queen’s coffin so I don’t think it’s a particularly mad idea.

Because you’re in a military base and going to view a potentially dangerous thing, the people operating it are military staff and therefore ordering you around and acting quite rudely.

I agree it isn’t the best theme but I don’t think the concept around it is as mad as people seem to think.

I never got why people were so taken aback by this.

The idea is you’re entering a military base to view an alien egg, I would imagine if an alien egg actually existed and was in public display there’d be a queue longer than the one to see the Queen’s coffin so I don’t think it’s a particularly mad idea.

Because you’re in a military base and going to view a potentially dangerous thing, the people operating it are military staff and therefore ordering you around and acting quite rudely.

I agree it isn’t the best theme but I don’t think the concept around it is as mad as people seem to think.

But if they have invited you to see it why are they shouting and acting rudely? It didn't make any sense.

As above, it should have been respectful, "please stand within your designated space" or "civilians are not to touch the classified object" not "Oi stand there".

The idea is you’re entering a military base to view an alien egg, I would imagine if an alien egg actually existed and was in public display there’d be a queue longer than the one to see the Queen’s coffin so

I would hope that @Matt N would do an EVPH (Egg Viewers Per Hour) through-put calculation for it.

I disagree they'd be rude. Have you ever been on a military base? They're usually friendly enough having been on them as an Air Cadet, visiting a museum and doing some work on one. The guards look terrifying with machine guns and big dogs but if you aren't doing anything wrong are perfectly pleasant. During an active situation (like say one of the eggs hatching like the original plot) they'd be calm but direct and authoritative but in the welcome bit they certainly wouldn't be

Honestly if anyone at the ents team is reading this, there’s something much scarier and more effective that shouting - acting like nothing is wrong. The staff should be calm and welcoming, all the while knowing something could go wrong but not wanting guests to find out.

Everything is fine, no need to worry, it’s all perfectly safe (ring a bell?)