• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

I think this will be true, knowing the way UK parks operate. But I think it also sums up the baffling state of UK parks if a ride that should've been open all this time anyway needs a promo to reopen.

If this was 10-20 years closed I would get it. Or if it was considerably "new and improved for 2023!"
Not like it's a return of a great ride either to be honest or anything to get nostalgic about. The majority of people getting hyped up about it were probably about 10 when it originally opened.

Not like it's a return of a great ride either to be honest or anything to get nostalgic about. The majority of people getting hyped up about it were probably about 10 when it originally opened.

I’m 35 and I’m quite excited about the idea of it coming back.

I just think it’s a unique experience in a park sorely lacking them.

It’s far from the best ride but I always had a soft spot for it, will be good to see it back especially if they do update the experience a bit.

It’s far from the best ride but I always had a soft spot for it, will be good to see it back especially if they do update the experience a bit.
It's the actual drop tower that was the biggest disappointment for me.

I agree with this. My thoughts on it have always been quite clear, it was my favourite dark ride at the time it operated and was in my top 5 on park. There was just something I really liked about it (but understand why others didn't), so I'm fond of the thought of it returning.

I agree with this. My thoughts on it have always been quite clear, it was my favourite dark ride at the time it operated and was in my top 5 on park. There was just something I really liked about it (but understand why others didn't), so I'm fond of the thought of it returning.

The thing is I’ve given Alton (Merlin) criticism for chipping away at the breadth of experiences, both in the sense of removing rides such as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the Flume and allowing the rapids to develop into a state where I’ve no interest in riding it, so I will give credit where it’s due when they appear to be showing an interest in rejuvenating the ride line up and adding some worthwhile non-coaster experiences (and like it or not, NST is at least a worthwhile filler attraction I would say).

Suddenly, once Nemesis is back, you’ve got a rejuvenated updated Haunted House and NST back, that’s two non-coaster rides which are (hopefully) enjoyable and worth riding, it makes a big difference from previously.

Still a way to go, the park needs flat rides and (in my opinion) a modern water ride although I accept I may be on a hiding to nothing with that wish, but its far better than it was and that’s coming from someone who loves rollercoasters.

I would hope that Sub Terra would be open from the start of the season, as Towers will need all the capacity possible with Nemmy closed.

You would like to think so but I doubt they will do it.

They won't want to take anything away from the new attraction opening and it also gives them something else to promote later in season to bring punters back for a second visit.

You would like to think so but I doubt they will do it.

They won't want to take anything away from the new attraction opening and it also gives them something else to promote later in season to bring punters back for a second visit.
If it’s ready they’ll open it ! most repeat visitors will have annual passes and will make multiple visits regardless. They’ll do better marketing them both to get more breaks booked throughout the year

I wouldn't rule out Sub-Terra being back open at the start of the season.

The park have opened separate new additions on the same day before. Ice Age 4D and Sub-Terra both opened on 24th March 2012, for instance.

Also, delaying Sub-Terra's reopening could have a negative effect, wherein people delay their visit until later in the year, so that they get on both new attractions at once, and leave the early months quiet.

Do u think it could be returning as a walk thou actor attraction instead and the actors and ride staff will be wearing the same stuff that they worn on Nemesis final day.
I do think the wristbands that were given out on the final day and the testing they did has to do with a new story line for Sub terra and will tie in with Nemesis return next year.

I wouldn't rule out Sub-Terra being back open at the start of the season.

The park have opened separate new additions on the same day before. Ice Age 4D and Sub-Terra both opened on 24th March 2012, for instance.

Also, delaying Sub-Terra's reopening could have a negative effect, wherein people delay their visit until later in the year, so that they get on both new attractions at once, and leave the early months quiet.
Delaying Sub terra's opening...I don't think very many people would delay a visit to the Towers simply to have a go on that pile of poop.
It was a poor flat attraction.
Useful filler, but no more.

Delaying Sub terra's opening...I don't think very many people would delay a visit to the Towers simply to have a go on that pile of poop.
Filler attraction or not, it will still likely be marketed as “new” (and it hasn’t opened in 8 years, so it is new to most), and that on its own will have people wanting to return for it.

A filler attraction is exactly what Towers need at the moment, especially because Nemesis is closed.
If Towers market it correctly, then the GP may become hyped for the attraction, and therefore delay a visit to Towers because the opening has been delayed.
This NST will certainly not be the same as the old one. It may be an amazing experience!

As it stands, only Galactica and The Blade are the confirmed attractions to be operating in Forbidden Valley this year. In response to an earlier comment, I think the ride element will return as I can’t see a walkthrough attracting people to go up to that area of the park. This might not, but is more likely to with its drop tower element than if it was just a walkthrough. I don’t think they were ever removed, so im sure they’d have been able to get any necessary parts needed to get them running.

Has there been any clear evidence that this ride is returning, or have people just assumed based on a few bits of flooring outside etc and now everyone is kind of running with that narrative as if it's nailed on that it's going to re-open?

Has there been any clear evidence that this ride is returning, or have people just assumed based on a few bits of flooring outside etc and now everyone is kind of running with that narrative as if it's nailed on that it's going to re-open?
They’re replacing the queue, which I’d say is pretty firm evidence that they intend to use the building in some capacity during the 2023 season. Other work has also been taking place in the building.

While it’s not confirmation by any means, I ask you; why else would this realistically be happening? The queue in particular strikes me as one that could definitely indicate a reuse of that building.

Playing devil's advocate. Maybe some semi-permanent work to use it annually as a scare attraction during Scarefest? Whilst they've got contractors on the park doing work around Duel and Nemesis, get them to knock a few bits up at Sub-Terra for use during Scarefest?

They’re replacing the queue, which I’d say is pretty firm evidence that they intend to use the building in some capacity during the 2023 season. Other work has also been taking place in the building.

While it’s not confirmation by any means, I ask you; why else would this realistically be happening? The queue in particular strikes me as one that could definitely indicate a reuse of that building.
I agree. They’re not replacing the queue line for nothing. If they were redoing it for workers, they’d have just redone the front bit. The extended queue has been done, the bit for guests!

The ride was probably closed down to save money rather than anything else tbh. The park is in a much healthier position now.

Playing devil's advocate. Maybe some semi-permanent work to use it annually as a scare attraction during Scarefest? Whilst they've got contractors on the park doing work around Duel and Nemesis, get them to knock a few bits up at Sub-Terra for use during Scarefest?

Possible of course but doubtful given they’ve clearly been doing work to the interior (and renewed the copyright of the name).