• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

We may see a lower-key (re)introduction of Sub-Terra. "Back for 2023" perhaps with a social media post or two.

The motivation will likely be to focus on Curse, as has been suggested. That is where the most money seems to have been spent and also it can cope with huge interest from people given its capacity.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Would make sense.

Reactions: Tom
I suspect that it will be unveiled/marketed or whatever when they make an announcement on Nemesis.

The Phalanx video at the end of the season said something about staying tuned for further announcements or something along those lines so my guess is that they’ll make a further announcement about nemesis and will tie this in with it.

Also with them saying this will open in spring this could be anytime between March and June right I think spring officially starts on the 20th which is just after opening weekend.
We'll see hopefully we'll find out soon.

I’d be very surprised if they didn’t market it. Having Curse and N:ST both opening gives them TWO things to boast about.
But one would be a returning attraction really so not so worth boasting about. N:ST won't get any more marketing than Retro Squad did.

I feel like as TCaAM was revealed in January, NST will be announced in February.

Also with them saying this will open in spring this could be anytime between March and June right I think spring officially starts on the 20th which is just after opening weekend.
We'll see hopefully we'll find out soon.
I was meant to put this in the curse thread but I guess same goes for subterra although there's not been a single 'official' tease to subterra reopening yet.

New queue line obviously shows something is going to happen even if a scare mazes however to me the most concrete evidence it's subterra coming back in some form is that they renewed the copyright for it.

I think they will open The Curse at AM from opening day and then probably wait for later in Spring to reopen NST. That way once attendance starts to plateau or fall off a bit they can then boost it with something 'new'.

Why would they need advertise an existing ride at all? Why are fans so concerned with advertising these days like something won't be allowed to exist without a promotional campaign. This is a ride that opened 10 years ago, had its hype and all that, now it just needs to continue operating. Unless it's had some notable overhaul there's no need.

Why would they need advertise an existing ride at all? Why are fans so concerned with advertising these days like something won't be allowed to exist without a promotional campaign. This is a ride that opened 10 years ago, had its hype and all that, now it just needs to continue operating. Unless it's had some notable overhaul there's no need.
Possibly because it’s not operated in 8 years and there will be a significant number of guests who have never ridden it? Strong speculation says it will be a different storyline as well.

Possibly because it’s not operated in 8 years and there will be a significant number of guests who have never ridden it?
I don't get that. When I first rode Nemesis 10 years since it opened it didn't need be re-advertised for me to get it. When I go visit a park abroad with no familiarity on any their rides I don't watch the adverts first.

Sub Terra had all its promotional run way back. If the park choose to do it all again then whatever but it's hardly necessary. I would've thought they'd not want draw attention to how long it's been shut.

I don't get that. When I first rode Nemesis 10 years since it opened it didn't need be re-advertised for me to get it. When I go visit a park abroad with no familiarity on any their rides I don't watch the adverts first.

Sub Terra had all its promotional run way back. If the park choose to do it all again then whatever but it's hardly necessary. I would've thought they'd not want draw attention to how long it's been shut.

It’s obviously different in that Sub Terra has been closed for 8 years so to some guests that have been visiting the park for the last 7 years it will be like a new ride - it isn’t the same as riding an existing ride for the first time. It no longer even features on the website as a ride, for example.

The main thing which makes me think it will be marketed is the fact that it will be linked to the ongoing Nemesis/Phalanx story, presumably to that end of season video. I suspect that it will tie in with that and any marketing will reflect that

to some guests that have been visiting the park for the last 7 years it will be like a new ride - it isn’t the same as riding an existing ride for the first time.
I really don't get it. To guests who've not done it before it will be a new ride, but that's not the same as riding an existing ride the first time? Eh?

This is a 10 year old ride, assuming it will be the same as before if reopening. If anything just a small social media post to say it's back, anything else is going extra. I get speculating if it might get a promo, but people speaking as if an existing ride can't reopen without a "marketing reason".

I really don't get it. To guests who've not done it before it will be a new ride but that's not the same as riding an existing ride the first time? It's been there since 2012, just closed.

Assuming if it reopens it will be the same as before then why does it 'need' to be advertised? If anything just a small social media post to say it's back

I’m not necessarily saying that it does need to be advertised, I just think that it will be and the reason I think that it will be is that I have strong suspicion it will be used to develop the on going Phalanx narrative that they’ve created.

My point was that there is a clear difference between going on a ride which has been situ and operational for 10 years for the first time and going on a ride which has been in situ and closed for 8 years for the first time, especially when the latter is a dark ride so many people will have little idea as to what to expect (yes I know there’s YouTube videos etc but a lot of people won’t bother watching them).

When they reinstalled Hex after it had been shut for a year or two they made an announcement about it - I’m not expecting anything on the level of the Alton Manor but I’d be surprised if it just reopens with nothing personally.

especially when the latter is a dark ride so many people will have little idea as to what to expect
Like the first time anyone goes on a dark ride whether it's new or not?
When they reinstalled Hex after it had been shut for a year or two they made an announcement about it
Yeah I agree they will probably do something similar like Hex but that was more of a PR decision to explain why it was closed. Sub Terra will probably get the same spin. But the main thing they can do to quieten any chatter over it being shut so long is just to get the thing open.

Like the first time anyone goes on a dark ride whether it's new or not?

Yeah I agree they will probably do something similar like Hex but that was more of a PR decision to explain why it was closed. Sub Terra will probably get the same spin. But the main thing they can do to quieten any chatter over it being shut so long is just to get the thing open.

Yes but the difference is that you wouldn’t ordinarily have 8 years of visitor numbers who’ve never experienced the dark ride in question (particularly as it’s now been closed for longer than it was originally open for).

I just think it’s had such a long absence; was open for such a short time and is filling such a big void that they’ll want to market it. Obviously I could be wrong and it may be that they just switch the lights back on again as if nothing happened, we’ll have to wait and see.

I think they will open The Curse at AM from opening day and then probably wait for later in Spring to reopen NST. That way once attendance starts to plateau or fall off a bit they can then boost it with something 'new'.
I would hope that Sub Terra would be open from the start of the season, as Towers will need all the capacity possible with Nemmy closed.

If they run a TV ad for the season, they could easily include a quick sting reusing old ST promo footage. Practically zero costs involved in that, I imagine they’ll lead with the “resort” angle, “new for 2023” with an Alton Manor segment, and then a quick “don’t miss”

I just think it’s had such a long absence; was open for such a short time and is filling such a big void that they’ll want to market it.
I think this will be true, knowing the way UK parks operate. But I think it also sums up the baffling state of UK parks if a ride that should've been open all this time anyway needs a promo to reopen.

If this was 10-20 years closed I would get it. Or if it was considerably "new and improved for 2023!"