• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis: Sub-Terra

One was in full attire and saying that "Phalanx investigations are continuing" or some similar technobabble on opening day.

They double up as chewing gum jet washers after ride close.

Given the lengths some will go to now for an "exclusive" the staff are probably just there to stop people hopping the fence and going for a nosey. A room with literal dropping floors is not somewhere you'd want unsupervised guests.

Given the lengths some will go to now for an "exclusive" the staff are probably just there to stop people hopping the fence and going for a nosey. A room with literal dropping floors is not somewhere you'd want unsupervised guests.

Depends on the guests to be fair.

I can think of a few YouTubers I wouldn’t mind seeing accidentally stumble upon a dropping floor, might make for some decent content.

Link for what was said above.

Interesting how it's the exact same preshow as before, no new video or audio retconning the story to explain Nemesis' closure, which would be really easy (and cheap) to do...

I feel as though there's going to be some backlash to it if the public are wondering in the queue thinking it's Nemesis, not knowing the actual ride is closed, it would only take 10-15 seconds of lore to explain that in the preshow to keep people up to date. They should get Simon Allen in his audio booth with one of the performers and dub over the existing preshow.

Link for what was said above.

Interesting how it's the exact same preshow as before, no new video or audio retconning the story to explain Nemesis' closure, which would be really easy (and cheap) to do...

I feel as though there's going to be some backlash to it if the public are wondering in the queue thinking it's Nemesis, not knowing the actual ride is closed, it would only take 10-15 seconds of lore to explain that in the preshow to keep people up to date. They should get Simon Allen in his audio booth with one of the performers and dub over the existing preshow.

To be fair if someone is stood in a queue for an indoor ride a few hundred yards from where Nemesis, the outdoor inverted rollercoaster, is clearly being constructed behind walls with posters saying ‘Nemesis closed’ thinks that they are in fact, queuing for Nemesis, then I’m not sure that an amended pre-show is going to do the trick of explaining the difference to them.

That said, I did think they’d change it.

Maybe there is a planned new recording to go in and they are using the original footage and audio just to test to make sure things are working after all these years? Would be suprised they didn't retcon anything for Sub Terra though personally I'm always anti-retcon for various reasons.

Let's be honest, did the premise need changing? The current story works and the old queue/pre-show videos make good sense with the Nemesis closure ('Recent discoveries at the site have prompted Phalanx to upgrade its security presence' etc.).

Pre-show being tested today as per TPWWs Facebook, can’t be long now you’d feel.
I've heard a few people say that it will be opening in May, take that with a pinch of salt though.
If they are using the same pre-show video then it looks like the ride may well be back in it's original form, at least to begin with.
You would think there will be some tie in with the re-tracking though, I wonder if the ride will evolve throughout the season as more and more new track is installed. There was a pic taken last year of the pre-show screens on with a face on screen.

I’d LOVE this to be a masterpiece of trolling by Towers. “Hey, there’s a content creator nearby, switch those pre-ride screens on for a laugh and see what happens!” - never got to ride it originally as I largely despise these sorts of rides, but for the purposes of forum lurking happiness of never having to read another “is it or isn’t it”, I hope it does reopen soon so we can all move on. Just need Drayton to reopen Pirates and we can all go back to normal.

I doubt they’ll use that video when it reopens. Like mentioned they are probably just using that video for testing. Won’t want to spoil much either will they.

With all the new weird Phlanax videos that were going round when Nemesis was closing, with the new head of Phlanax etc, there is no way they won’t tie this ride in to the new story.

The original video/story fits fine for me. The audio could be reworked maybe but generally it would be better to spend time and money on making the actual ride experience the best possible.